Issue 4: There's no normality amongst weirdos

"You idiot! You just let them get away!"

"Of course! It's a hero's job to protect the innocent! After the damage you caused today, you're the number one priority."

"I don't care what priority I am. You should've been here when they attacked that shopping center."

"Tch. Lying won't help you know. Prepare for your other defeat."

My eyes started flickering again, turning red. I could feel instability coming upon my form. Or more specifically-

"I don't have time for this."

I started running, but then it happened. My powers put too much strength into my step, forcing me to blast off the ground before I began rolling across the street.

"What just happened?" Kasey mumbled, but didn't let it distract her.

I looked up just to get kicked in my face before being dragged across the street at high-speeds. I grabbed her arm and yanked her to the ground, punching at her before she narrowly dodged it. My fist caved the ground in though, creating a crater as I grabbed my arm in pain. It nearly dislocated from attacking.

"You're wide open!" I heard her yell before ducking a roundhouse kick.

Traveler swept my legs as I fell back down before pushing myself up to my feet. I blocked a strike to my torso and tried to swing back but grabbed my arm from the pain and instead leaped away, giving us some distance.

"Looks like using too much strength hurt your arm."

"..."

"... Why are you trying to kill Rise?"

"Just as nosy as Quick Bitch huh?"

"I'm only asking this because you villains don't make any sense to me. Killing Rise will accomplish what? What do you get out of that?"

"Doesn't matter. It's nothing you should concern yourself with."

"Yeah right. Killing the number one hero is something I definitely should ignore."

"I don't give a damn about your sarcasm right now. Stay out of my way."

"I can't do that. I'm not gonna let some idiot in over his head, try and kill the number one hero for fifteen minutes of fame."

Kasey POV

I blinked for a second, and the next thing I knew, he was gone. Then I saw a shadow and looked up. A fist cocked back, aimed straight for my head, but I was quicker. I sprinted off, hearing a large crash behind me. My head turned to see a massive hole in the ground, broken fire hydrants, and destroyed pipes. Overall, a lot of property damage. Traffic's gonna be horrible tomorrow.

"Fifteen min-" It became a whisper.

"What did you say?"

"DO I LOOK LIKE I'M HERE FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FAME?!"

I winced from the yell, shaking my head as he started walking out of the hole.

"He doesn't deserve a life. Nor be worshiped. Not even be able to breathe the same air as these innocent people, yet alone have it in his LUNGS!!"

He winced one again before snapping his arm into place, giving a small yell. I gulped and shivered from his gaze. If looks could kill, count me as one of the deceased.

"I don't care how long it takes me. Even if I die doing it. I swear that his death will be by my hands. Get in my way, and I'll make sure you join his corpse."

"..." I shook my head, regaining my composure. "I won't let you lay a hand on the number one hero."

"Then I guess you'll have to just die with him."