Issue 6: To be involved, you just gotta be there

Seth’s POV

Being a hero is a tough job. Everyday we’re tasked with stopping criminals, saving civilians, and keeping the peace of this city. People look up to us, and as a hero for those out there who can’t defend themselves, I gotta protect them. Which is why I’m here at Curtin City’s Memory Bank. Yes, the same bank that was robbed yesterday is now being robbed again.

“Traveler, Time Lock, I’m here on a rooftop across from Memory Bank. What’s your ETA?”

“Yeah, about that- whoa!” I heard a loud crash on on my ear piece.

“What was that?”

“Just some asshole throwing a car at me. I”m currently wrapped up fighting some convict that was arrested last month. I have it handled, but I’m waiting for one of the bigger heroes to arrive so we can properly detain this fool.”

“Traveler?” I questioned.

“Currently fighting against the villain Rifle and Faux Light with QuickTrip. We don’t know how long we’re gonna be since I’m keeping them distracted while QuickTrip is getting civilians out of the area, so you might be on your own for this one.”

“No back up is crazy, but I got this. I’ll be sure to update you all on the mission.”

“Thanks, we appreciate that- throw another car! I swear to god!”

“Heh, no problem. Smokescreen, over and out.”

I clicked my ear piece, sighing as I looked at the multiple police cars surrounding the place. While there were a few policemen and women out of their respective vehicles, none of them have went inside the building. Better take a closer look at that. I lifted up my hand and generated a cloud of smoke before tossing it down to the police cars. Time to get some info before tackling the source of the problem.

“Rodney, there you are.” One of the officers spoke to another officer walking away from the entrance with a megaphone in hand. “How’s it going in there?”

“Only getting worse. They’re rounding up some of the hostages and taking them somewhere else within the bank. Where exactly, I don’t know. However, they’re playing it smart and have made sure to keep a few bystanders as shields so we’ll think twice about shooting them.”

“What do they want exactly?”

“Aside from the money they’re collecting, another getaway vehicle where they can’t be tracked, and to request the heroes stay off of them while they move the money to another location..”

“And they obviously don’t want us tailing them, but that’s not something we can afford. Did you or anyone else get a look around for another entrance?”

“All entrances and exits are covered.”

“How much have they managed to take so far?”

“I don’t know about that either sir. They’re keeping that information well hidden.”

“Damn it. We gotta get in there and stop them, but they’re making approach impossible with the hostages still in there.”

“How about we take the hero approach then?” I said, having caught everyone’s attention as the lead officer stepped over to me.

“Thank goodness you’re here Smokescreen. The situation is getting worse, but we should be able to change that with you here now.”

“Then I’m happy to help. Any information you can give me to resolve this would be useful.”

“Rodney, you were first to respond. Give our friend here all the available information that you have.”

“Yes sir.” The revealed Rodney stepped to the side with me. “Would you ike to hear everything from the beginning sir?”