chapter 1

It was a calm day driving through the night city, the bright lights illuminating the streets as V made their way through the bustling traffic. The sounds of honking horns and distant conversations filled the air, creating a lively atmosphere that contrasted with the calmness I felt within.

As he stopped at a red light, a figure appeared in his passenger seat: night city legend Johnny Silverhand, a famous rocker known for his rebellious spirit and iconic cybernetic arm.

"To think you stopped at a red light in this city," Johnny said with a smirk, his voice filled with nostalgia and a hint of mischief.

"Trying to relax and following rules feels better." V chuckled, his eyes glancing at the neon lights illuminating the streets. "Sometimes, it's nice to break away from the chaos and just enjoy a moment of peace," he replied, a sense of longing in his voice. Johnny nodded, his gaze fixed on the bustling cityscape outside. "Yeah, I get that. But remember, this city thrives on rebellion and pushing boundaries. It's what keeps us alive."

Just then, V's phone buzzed in his cybernetics implanted in his head, causing him to flinch slightly. He sighed and pulled out his phone, glancing at the notification. "I guess even in moments of relaxation, we can't fully escape the demands of this city," V muttered, a hint of frustration in his voice. Johnny smirked and leaned back in his chair.

"Wonder who's calling? Probably another gig or some urgent business," Johnny replied with a knowing grin. "But hey, that's the price we pay for living on the edge, right? Always being in demand, always on the move." V nodded before answering it.

"Who is this?" V asked, his voice tinged with curiosity and a touch of annoyance.

"You may not know me, but my name is Ozpin; I'm the headmaster of Beacon Academy," a deep, authoritative voice responded. "I've heard great things about your skills, V. I believe you have the potential to become one of our top students. Would you be interested in joining us?" V's eyes widened with surprise as he exchanged a puzzled glance with Johnny.

"Don't," Johnny said.

"Sure, I'll give it some thought," V replied cautiously, his mind racing with the unexpected offer.

"Dumbass," Johnny muttered under his breath, clearly unimpressed with V's response.

"Very well, come to the docks tomorrow at 9 a.m.," Ozpin said. "I'll send someone there to guide you to our academy. We look forward to seeing you there."

As the call ended, V looked at Johnny, who had his arms crossed and a skeptical expression on his face. "You really think it's a good idea, V?" Johnny asked, his voice filled with doubt. V took a deep breath and replied, "I don't know, but it could be an opportunity we can't afford to miss."

"How can we be sure that Arasaka could be pulling you into a trap?" Johnny questioned, raising an eyebrow. V shrugged, uncertainty evident in their eyes. "We can't be sure, but if we don't take the risk, we'll never know what awaits us at the academy," V said, their voice filled with determination.

"Besides, I still have this," V said, holding Johnny's pistol in their hand, a glimmer of hope shining in their eyes. Johnny's eyebrows furrowed as he considered V's words, his doubt slowly giving way to a flicker of curiosity. "Alright," he finally said, his voice laced with caution, "but remember, we need to proceed with caution and have a backup plan in case things go south."

"Let's get some cyberware installed before we head out," V suggested, their excitement growing. "It could give us an edge and increase our chances of success." Johnny nodded in agreement, realizing the practicality of V's suggestion. "Good thinking," he replied, a hint of admiration in his voice.