Chapter 1- Leslie

I look around after I've calmed down a little and I realize kind of where I'm at. Montys is right across the street meaning I'm probably about an hour's walk from my apartment but it's 20 degrees Fahrenheit and I'm dressed for clubbing. 

I'm wearing a black mini skirt with ripped-up tights and no bra with a black mesh long-sleeve top that is currently covering my very hard nipples. You can't see them with how dark the top is but it made for one hell of a look, showed off my tats, and the girls convinced me to wear it.

That was before I ditched them for Mr.Woodpecker, who had a surprisingly big-sized dick, a whole 6 inches, that gave truth to the whole size doesn't matter argument.

But even if I wanted to walk home I couldn't, not without getting kidnapped, raped, or murdered, and I'm not going to let assholes say, "She was practically asking for it, look at what she was wearing," because I know for a damn fact no matter what I was wearing those things would still be a possibility.

So I pull my shirt down as far as I can and make my way to Montys, the local pizza joint, where I know they have an outdated payphone, where I can do the last thing I have ever wanted to and call Ro.

It's 1 am but I know he's awake, he never sleeps.

I am positively getting frostbite but I pull through and reach the heat source of the century when I walk into my best friend's Vienna favorite place on Earth. I make my way to the payphone where I slowly dial in the number. I hold the phone to my ear and within 3 rings Rowan surprisingly picks up the phone but he doesn't say a word., and neither do I.

I can tell he's about to hang up so I say a stragley "Rowan?" and I hear his breathing pick up, he hasn't changed his number, and that weirdly sets a small sense of peace over my heart because though even so much has changed about us at least this small thing has stayed the same.

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from but I kind of got myself into a pickle. You see I decided since I've been having trouble in a certain area I would do something about it and so I went with this guy to his place after seeing him at this new club, Pier 21, it was so nice you should go there, anyway he ended up being a woodpecker if you know what I mean so I turned into sonic and zoomed out of there- oh shit I'm oversharing- oh shit I said that out loud, god damn it, oh god I keep doing it, uh say something and please stop me or I'm going to stay in this cycle, and god damn it, Ro."

The nickname that hasn't left my lips in two years seems to pull words out of his lips "Where are you?" he says in that deep voice of his causing me to shrivel into myself knowing that I just basically rambled to the guy I used to be in love with that I'm having trouble with sex, and he heard every word of it. 

Yeah, this is just great. 

Fuck me.

But like literally fuck me, because this tension is eating me up.

"What tension" I hear over the phone.

"I'm sorry what" I squeak out coming to terms with the fact that I said that out loud. "You know what never mind I'll be fine," I say because now I will never be able to show my face especially not to him.

"No," he says stopping me from hanging up the phone.

"um no?"

"You know I will stay out all night looking for you it's freezing outside and I can't have you getting killed so where are you, I will come to pick you up."

I happen to be such a nice person and just because he said he would stay out all night, and only because of that, I tell him where I'm at, but his words don't mean anything because that's just who he is, he would do the same thing for anyone else. Hell, he would give the shirt off his back to someone, I've seen him do it before.\

"Montys," I say and the line goes dead.

It's been thirty minutes and I'm starting to believe he's not coming but I know him, he is., and just as the thought leaves my mind I hear the bell above the door ring signaling that someone has entered. 

I look up and sure enough, there is a 6'3 giant with the most fluffy brown hair that is so easy to run your fingers through, walks in, he looks around for a minute but I see the tension in his shoulder drift away when we make eye contact.

He's here, for me.