Chapter 10; Where is Mewo.

..Mari had a very strange nightmare last night. In it, Mewo was getting stabbed by some weird black cat guy in a butler suit. Some people say that certain dreams hold meanings, then what did hers even mean?

Mari decides to shrug this off when she awakes from her sleep as early as she usually does, another day another.. something. Today they were going to hang out with Kel again, and meet Hero! If she remembers.. Lot's of interesting things to do today!! And she could hang out with Mewo as she..

She turns towards Mewo, it sat beside her.. just like last night...

..?

It was a.. black pillow? Must've fallen from Sunny's bed, since she does sleep beside him. Right on the floor after all. So if the thing beside her was just a pillow.. then where was Mewo? Mari looks around, she was usually the one to wake up first.. not Mewo. Did it have to poop? Mari gets up as she looks at the dead asleep boy in bed. She should go look for it before Sunny wakes up.

Mari walks out the room as she continuously wanders around the same old house, this time looking for a familiar black cat.. yet it doesn't appear. "..Mewo?? Mewo???" Mari calls, distressed. Where had her cat gone? It never leaves her sight.. It never does. What if Mewo left her? Because she looks like.. Mari recalls the horrifying figure in the mirror back at Basil's. "...." Maybe it was a trick of the light.. but.. maybe she should still go and check?

Mari glances out of the window, Kel hasn't shown up yet.. and Sunny hasn't woken up either, so she still has some time.. Mari tries to calm herself down as she makes her way to the bathroom. It's just to check after all.

The room was cold though it was still in the middle of summer. Mari's eyes stay locked onto the floor as she makes her way towards the mirror, what will she see? A horrifying figure or nothing? Like she had gotten so used to.. Mari takes a sharp breath as she looks up to the mirror.

..she wasn't the figure anymore. Instead she was a.. a... Mari scratches her head, the reflection mirroring the action- what was she? A black haired alien with one piercing eyeball staring right at her.. (she's talking about Something) is what she looks like.. wait actually- this looks sorta like her.. when her hair is down maybe? Mari pulls her hair over her head, though she couldn't see it for herself due to the reflection and all.. but she kinda gets it now.. but what she's more curious about.. is why does her reflection keep changing?

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"!" The sound of the front door banging startles Mari. It was Kel!! He has come to meet Sunny!! Again!! Mari immediately forgets about her confusion as she darts towards her room.

The boy lays fast asleep in his bed, he doesn't have a care in the world- "Sunny!! Sunny- Kel's here!" Mari calls, trying to shake the tired boy out of his slumber. Yet the boy doesn't budge, "...he just loves to.. Ugh Mewo what do I do-" Mari asks, turning towards.. nothing. Oh yeah.. because Mewo is.. still missing. Mari sighs to herself, she must've left him outside.. that is another reason why she needs Sunny up right now.

..

After a god long time on waiting for Sunny. He finally gets up, making Mari sigh in relief. She had at one point decided that he died, so she was working on a fake funeral for him. Mari could not obviously do much due to her condition, so she was probably going to exchange some sad words about her brother to her imaginary friends, and leave.

After listening to a voicemail from their mom (Mari was really happy to hear their mom after so long! It's almost been a week!) Both Mari and Sunny go down the stairs to talk to Kel. To scare him, just in case today he decided to not go out (his face looked like that honestly, Mari would be very upset if Sunny decided to abandon Kel today) Mari stands behind him, glaring at him- forcing him to go out whether he liked it or not, and it sure did work! What a good big sister she is! He should be grateful to have such a perfect sister as his sister.. well it would've been more perfect if she wasn't.. dead.