𝟎

In the darkness of eclipse, the Omaticaya are in a panic. The warriors are standing with spares in their hands, and the women and children stand aside amid the meeting.

"I want you to search the entire forest! We are not resting until we find him." Jake Sully commands as he stands in front of the people. They respond with shouts and cheers. His eyes are tired. His mate behind him, Neteyri, eye swollen and in distress.

The first son of Toruk Makto has gone missing. He has not been seen for a week. They have searched the entire forest. Going as far as the closest clans, asking about a small boy. Jake has not slept a wink in this past week. Neytirii has been praying and crying to Ewya, to bring back her beloved child.

Upon hearing the noise, a little Le'ya has just woken up from a nightmare and has now been staring at the huge fire in the middle of the meeting. She was mesmerized by the flares and the sparks that flew into the air.

A spark of white floating in the air of ashes catches her attention.

"Woodsprites!"

Holding her wooden doll. The four-year-old got on her feet and ran over to the woodsprite. Her little footsteps run under and around the warriors easily without getting noticed.

Shortly, Le'ya arrives at the end of the huge rock where Jake is standing. He was still making commands and speaking to the warriors. He too didn't notice the little na'vi when she was struggling to climb the rock.

The woodsprite has now landed on the shoulder of Jake. With his lack of sleep, he paid no attention to it.

Le'ya, now successfully on the rock. She walks over to Jake, still only looking forward to the woodsprite. As she is on the rock walking over to Jake, the warriors are now quiet and staring at the little child.

Neytiri notices the little girl as she is standing behind Jake. "Ma'Jake..."

Jake looks back to his mate with a concerned face. Neyteri's eyes met his then quickly to the little girl behind him. Jake slowly turns around and finally spots the girl, who is barely hopping, hoping to reach the woodsprite.

Jake sighs. He bends down with the woodsprite following him down. The girl now smiles brightly, getting closer to the woodsprite.

"And who are you little one?" Jake softened his voice towards the little girl. He brought his hands over the woodsprite so it would follow his movement down to the girl.

"Le'ya. Daughter of Ta'Lun and Ina'ki." She answered quickly as her eyes shimmered at the light from the woodsprite. Her giggles, when it touched her, caused a small smile to form on Jake's face.

"And may I ask where are they?" From that question, Le'ya looked away from the woodsprite and straight into Jake's eyes.

The little girl in front of him started to scare the man. She stared into his eyes with no expression. A little while passed before Jake lost his patience. "Alright, kid. Where are-"

Before he can finish, Le'ya points into the middle of the crowd. He follows the direction of her finger, the warriors moving, knowing that she is not theirs.

At the end of the crowd, two figures disperse from the shadows slowly. As they got closer, it was obvious they were limping.

Finally, in the light, a man in the front raises his head to meet the Olo'eyktan's eyes. His face was scratched up and full of blood. His body had huge wounds and even parts of his skin were bitten off.

Behind him, a woman walking closely. Her arms were holding something. Her injuries were just as bad as the man's.

"Mama! Papa!" Le'ya shouts excitedly and jumps down the rock, running cutely to her parents.