𝟏

[10 Years Later]

Le'ya wakes up from her sleep, sitting straight up. She was having weird dreams again. Her breaths were heavy and her chest heaved up and down. Sweat and tears streamed down her face as she brought her hand up to wipe her forehead.

"Which one was it this time?" Le'ya looked to the center of the tent and saw her older brother, Zei'po, sharpening his knife. Le'ya shook her head and ran a hand through her loose hair that had not been braided yet.

"Nothing." She stands up and does some stretches. She wanted to act like the dreams didn't bother her. They didn't as much as when she was younger but now she was used to them. She just hated not sleeping well.

"Why don't you drink the herbs Tsahik provides for you? She says it helps you go into a deep sleep." Zei'po glanced over at the untouched cup of water with Mo'at herbs that Le'ya had brought home from the night before.

"I told you it was nothing." Le'ya walks over to her brother, joining him in his knife sharpening to start braiding the front of her hair.

"I know it is something. You can't hide it. At night you are not the only one not getting sleep, you know?" Zei'po argues. His knife scraped the rock harshly as he spoke.

"Well, then you know why I can't drink it. My visions comes out of nowhere. Plus what if I drink that tea and I miss the Eye of Ewya? What if I miss the chan-"

"Fine. Fine. I know. You don't want to risk the life of your boyfriend." Zei'po cuts her off, knowing even if she tried to hide it, she took her visions seriously. After the death of their parents, Le'ya has been trying to control the dreams that come to her and to pay more attention. When she was four, she didn't know what anything meant and only spoke of what she remembered.

Le'ya rolls her eyes at her brother's last comment. "He is not my boyfriend Po!" Her voice cracks as she whines at her brother who laughed loudly at his sister's face turning purple.

"Oh really? Then what do you call someone who's betrothed to you? Or someone who takes you on flights on his ikran?" Zei'po smirked.

Le'ya now annoyed at her brother, tying off her first braid, throws the knife cover at her brother, hitting him right on the head, making a loud thud. Le'ya's eyes widen. She regretted her action the moment she threw it.

Zei'po's head was not just throbbing from the pain, it was like steam was coming out of his ears. His eyes shot straight at Le'ya's terrified face. Before they can exchange another word, Le'ya jumps up and out of the tent.

Zei'po having a hot temper was not going to let this slide. He immediately chased after his skxawng ass sister.

Across the High Camp, the siblings ran and chased each other. Le'ya being the one getting chased, scared for her life. She knew how scary her brother could be when she got on his bad side.

She jumped over objects and bumped into people passing along the way, having no time to apologize, instead saying, "My brother is going to kill me! You will live!"

Le'ya looks back as she runs, not looking in front of her, she hits something causing her to fall straight down on her butt. In pain, she silently yelped at the pain she felt on her tail and bottom. "Ow!"

Le'yah looked up to see what had hit her. To her liking, it was just who she was looking for. In fact, anytime he was around, he lit up her world. "Neteyam!"

She quickly stood to her feet and went behind him. Practically using him as a shield from her brother.

"Le', what are you doing?" The older boy asks, feeling her hands hold his waist and face peaking at his side. As much as he hated when she was affectionate with him, he couldn't stop her. He could wait it out.