Chapter 2

A bead of sweat traced a nervous path down Zac's forehead, setting your heart pounding in your chest with an unexplained sense of foreboding. His sudden insistence that you and Ryan leave only added to the growing unease in the room.

"You're just as bad as us. It's not like we're working," you protested half-heartedly, attempting to keep the atmosphere light despite the palpable tension.

But Zac's forced smile wavered, his tone breaking slightly as he urged you to go. His eyes darted nervously towards the window, as if expecting something—or someone.

The concern in Ryan's voice mirrored your own as he asked, "Everything okay, Zac?"

Zac attempted to compose himself, his laugh ringing hollow in the stifling air of the office. "Yeah, yeah, we just shouldn't be at work this late," he replied, his voice strained.

"Are you sure you're alright?" you pressed, unable to shake the feeling that something was seriously wrong.

Zac grimaced, his discomfort evident as he flinched and glanced over his shoulder out the window. "Yeah, yeah. Just a bit tired..." he trailed off, gesturing towards the door as if urging you to leave. His eyes briefly met yours, betraying a mix of anxiety and an unspoken urgency.

Instead of obeying Zac's plea to leave, concern for him held you and Ryan back. The air crackled with tension as you exchanged worried glances, both of you sensing that whatever was troubling Zac ran deeper than mere fatigue.

Suddenly, Zac's body convulsed with pain, and he collapsed to the ground with a guttural grunt. You and Ryan rushed to his side, but Zac pushed you away with a desperate gesture.

"Stay back!" he yelled, his voice strained with agony.

"What's wrong?" you cried, your heart hammering in your chest as you watched Zac writhe in pain.

But Zac didn't reply. His hand balled into a fist as he dropped to all fours, his body contorting unnaturally. You could only watch in horror as his skin seemed to ripple and shift, his form twisting into something grotesque and unfamiliar.

"Zac?" Ryan's voice trembled as he reached out tentatively, fear etched on his face.

Zac's gaze locked with yours, his eyes now glowing a sinister shade of yellow. His jaw elongated, revealing rows of sharp teeth that gleamed in the dim light of the office. With a guttural growl, he opened his mouth to speak.

"Run"