𝘁𝗲𝗻. you copied me

( darkest before dawn / act one )
❛  YOU COPIED ME  
episode eight  |   stranger things

(      darkest before dawn      /      act one      ) ❛   YOU COPIED ME   ❜episode eight  |   stranger things

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"WHY ISNT SHE AWAKE, yet?" Lucas questioned the nurse as she changed the girls fluids. Will had woken up almost three hours after he had been admitted, and he begged the nurses to let him and Aurora share a room.

      An hour later, Aurora and Will had been wheeled into the same room, the latter being the only one awake for the move.

      It had been two days. Two whole days without Auroras witty comments and contagious laugh. Her three aunts couldn't understand how Joyce Byers had lasted an entire week with out her boy. The only thing that kept everyone sane, was the steady beat of her heart monitor.

      That same sound had been the one thing Aurora had heard as she slowly gained consciousness. It was like trying to see with a hood over her eyes, the light blinded her at first. Before she slowly began adjusting to it.

      The beeping increased, which caused Will to panic. Which caused a chain of events, the first being Mrs. Byers jumping from her seat, and ending with a nurse having water spilled all over her.

      Luckily, Aurora got to watch the entire thing from her position on the bed. When she tried to move, a nurse quickly helped, pushing a button to pull the bed up slightly. She assured Mrs. Byers everything was all right, before the nurse quickly left the room, allowing them some time alone. Will was the first to speak.

      "You copied me," the boy grinned, his pale skin having gained some color back, but his voice was still grainy.

      Aurora scoffed, "no way."

      "Um, yes way, I was admitted first," Will grinned at the girl, "and I woke up first. So, who's the copycat."

      Aurora just smiled at the boy, "I thought you died."

      "Oh don't go all pity party on me please," Will pleaded, as Mrs. Byers held his hand tightly.

      "Oh no," Aurora shook her head, "You just upped the bar, now I have to beat you at dramatics. But you can't do that to me, for at least three years."

      Will laughed, hard, for the first time in a while. Mrs. Byers started crying when she saw her boys real smile, as the two kids dressed in hospital gowns couldn't stop laughing. Even the situation was hilarious to the pair, because only them would find being in a hospital so funny.