Chapter 6: The Water Source Dragon

Riyu squealed as he ran out in the open with no care in the world and landed on the blue beach sand. Nya, Riyu, and Sora along with Jiru and Zanth were all resting on the beach. "Got any clue why the sand is blue?" Sora asked as she petted Zanth in her little sand burrow. Nya looked around and she knew automatically where she was, or what it used to be. The Island of the Keepers. But now there was nothing, virtually nothing, inhabiting the island."It's the mysterious island that used to be just off the coast of Ninjago, the island of the Keepers," Nya explained. "I've been here a couple of times before the Merge, but now something seems off."

Riyu sniffed the sand before proceeding to dig up the sand, as if he had found something. "Riyu, buddy, whatcha doing there? Did you find something?" Sora asked as she got up to check up on him. Riyu kept on pawing at the sand until he found something and stopped digging."Um, Nya? You might want to see this." Sora shouted as she saw what was in the sand. "What is it?" Nya questioned as she approached the group. "Look! It kind of looks like a Dragon Core, but blue. What do you think it could be?" Sora asked. Nya shrugged and she picked it up from the sand. But with the slightest touch,she felt something call to her. It reminded her of when she had merged with the sea, but not as strong. Still, she felt a call to her elemental power."Are you okay Nya?" Sora asked as Nya placed the object on the sand. "Well, I think we have found a source dragon. The water source dragon," Nya replied as she faced the ocean. "What do you mean by that?" Sora questioned as they both looked at the ocean. Just then, the waves started moving more rapidly. Then a big shadow jumped out of the ocean, spreading its wings and removing excess water. "Hello there," a majestic voice projected as it faced them. " I am Celestina, otherwise known as the Water Source Dragon of the Seven Mighty Source Dragons."

"Woah," Sora gasped as she saw the blue and purple majestic water dragon. Riyu squealed with excitement. "It appears you have found my gem," Celestina replied as she moved her head closer to them." Who are you, and what pleasure do I have to see you here?" she asked the group. "I am Nya, master of water, and there is Sora, and Riyu, our little dragon friend," Nya replied to the dragon. Riyu wagged his tail happily as he heard his name being said." Well, then hello Nya, the person worthy of my element, and your friends too. How may I be of assistance to you?" Celestina replied. "Well, we know some bad people are coming after you and the other source dragons. I guess what we need you to do is if you can sense beings from the Wyldness, to look and see before taking action. In that case, what would be best is to hide, and warn the other source dragons if you possibly can," Nya ordered Celestina. "Very well. I shall hide and notify the other source dragons. However, I might have lost touch with them for centuries. But I will do my best. Thank you, Sora and Nya for warning me. And you too Riyu. Goodbye then," Celestina replied as she covered herself in water and dove right back in the water, nowhere to be seen. "Well, that was pretty simple," Sora said. "So what do we do now?" "I guess we can try to find another source dragon," Nya responded." To make sure that none of them get captured.''

All of a sudden there was rustling in the bushes off the beach. "What was that?" Sora questioned cautiously. Both Nya and Sora got ready and armed, being very careful. A person with silver hair and a dark blue and indigo outfit walked out the bush, their face mainly being covered by a mask. "Well, well, well, you would think that you would be more careful," the person said smugly."Little did you, you lead us to a Source Dragon. Thanks actually. But listen ladies, you're going to have to come with us. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way." Nya pulled out her trident while Sora got ready to get a spark from Riyu."Guess we're going to do this the hard way. Attack!" he yelled. Wolves came out of the bushes and started to attack the dragons. Some found Celestina right away and tried to grab her. Celestina attacked back but was defeated easily when the warriors shocked her all at once. "No!" Sora yelled as she fought back to protect Riyu. Nya faced the person and started to attack with her trident. He grabbed a katana and deflected all of her attacks. Frustrated, Nya summoned water from the ocean and threw it at him. He used his sword to protect himself and let out a curt laugh. " You really think you are the only one that can do something like that?" The person laughed as he avoided Nya's hit as his body turned into pure smoke and he moved right behind Nya, in which he knocked her down. Nya grunted as she struggled to get up." Tough luck water ninja. But you'll be coming with us. Your friends too." the voice said as Nya's vision got blurry until all she saw was pitch black.

- -

"Hey Nya! You up?" Sora asked Nya as she regained consciousness. "Yeah, I'm up," Nya said weakly as she gathered her surroundings. She was in a bright blue sphere in an unknown place. She reached for her ninja- com and realized it was gone. They probably took it away so we can't communicate, Nya thought to herself. "Where's Riyu? And Jiru and Zanth?" Nya asked Sora."They locked up Jiru and Zanth in a prison," Sora replied." But with Riyu, I don't know what they did to him.." She trailed off, not wanting to think about what they could have done to poor Riyu. "I think someone's coming!" Nya exclaimed. The Dragon King walked into the room, with Riyu on a chain. "Oh hello, were you looking for your little friend?" he said smugly. Riyu squealed sadly as he tried to get to Sora. "Riyu!" Sora shouted out as she tried to break the prison to get to Riyu. The Dragon King let out a short laugh."Too bad, you can't get through the impenetrable walls of the prison." He then turned around for them to get a better look, while still clutching Riyu's chain. Nya gasped as she say his face properly. He had dirty blonde hair and horns, dull and cold gray eyes,full brown eyebrows, fangs, along with an Imperium mark and a purple scar on one eye. His clothing consisted of dark navy and bright blues, along with a cape and armor with black, purple, and silver accents on it. "Don't you dare lay your hands on Riyu, or else," Nya threatened."Or what? You can't do anything in there. My plans cannot be stopped by you," The Dragon King said mockingly as he placed Riyu in a kind of small prison. He pressed a button and soon Riyu started to squeal in pain as his energy was drained and transferred to the Dragon King. "No!" Sora shouted as she kept on banging on the prison and attempting to break out. His eyes turned a bright white and he threateningly created sharp crystals right at the feet of Sora and Nya's prison. "Hmm," he said as his eyes returned to their original color."Cinder did well. And you're our ticket to finding the Source Dragons, little one." he let out a little chuckle."You all unknowingly helped us," The Dragon King said as he left the room, with little Riyu now drained and resting.

Nya felt a wave of dread. Whatever the Dragon King's plan was, it wasn't good at all. She wasn't careful at all. She had failed her job as a protector. Now she and Sora were in a prison, and poor Riyu got his energy drained from him, and the rest of the Ninja would probably meet the same fate.

It was her fault, her fault. That was all she thought about as she fell into an uneasy sleep.

All of her fault, all of it, at least according to her.

word count- 1415