Episode 4: Unusual Behavior

The early morning light seeped through Sunghoon's curtains, rousing him from sleep. With an unusual burst of energy, he hurriedly showered, threw on his clothes, and practically sprinted out of his house. Today was different – he had a plan.

Skipping the usual bus ride, Sunghoon hailed a taxi and instructed the driver to speed him to the HCU hospital. As the taxi pulled up, he spotted Sunoo sitting on a bench, looking completely flabbergasted at his unexpected arrival.

Sunghoon sauntered over, a mischievous grin on his face. "What's up, Sunoo?"

Sunoo, still processing the abrupt appearance, raised an eyebrow. "W-Wha... What are you doing here?"

Teasingly, Sunghoon replied, "I thought I'd pick you up. You know, like a good buddy."

Sunoo chuckled. "I... I never agreed to that..."

Just as Sunghoon contemplated his failed attempt at being considerate, an unexpected sleek black sedan pulled up – Sunoo's service. The realization hit Sunghoon that he had assumed the role of picking up Sunoo, only to find himself riding in Sunoo's car instead.

Sunoo tugged Sunghoon toward the waiting car. "Come on, let's just ride together."

Morgan, Sunoo's driver, eyed Sunghoon with curiosity. "Who's the young man, Sir?"

Sunoo, with a playful glint in his eyes, introduced Sunghoon, "This is Sunghoon... a friend."

Sunghoon, feeling slightly awkward about the turn of events, hopped into the backseat. Morgan, a master of maintaining composure, simply nodded and pulled away from the curb.

As the car cruised through the city, Sunoo couldn't help but giggle at the unexpected twist of events. Sunghoon, trying to save his face, turned his head away but couldn't hide the smile that crept onto his lips.

Sunoo, catching Sunghoon's eye, whispered, "Thank you for trying to pick one up... I guess."

Sunghoon, embracing the humor of the situation, whispered too, "Hey, at least I made an effort. Not my fault your fancy car beat me to it."

Sunoo laughed. "You're ridiculous."

Sunghoon replied with mock seriousness, "Ridiculously handsome and charming."

They exchanged banter and playful jabs, the car becoming a stage for their lighthearted interactions. Morgan, ever the professional, drove with a stoic expression, seemingly unaffected by the banter behind him.

As the cityscape passed by, Sunghoon couldn't shake the feeling that his attempt to be considerate had taken an unexpected turn. Yet, the teasing and laughter that filled the car created a strangely sweet atmosphere, a camaraderie that went beyond the initial plan.

Sunghoon and Sunoo arrived at the school, their shared laughter echoing in the morning air. However, as they walked together, Sunghoon spotted his friends – Jay, Jake, and Heeseung – ahead. In a swift motion, he threw on his hoodie, attempting to conceal his identity.

Sunoo, puzzled, asked, "What's wrong? Why are you hiding?"

Sunghoon, feeling a sudden rush of embarrassment, grabbed Sunoo's arm and guided him to a different route near the canteen. "I'm hungry," Sunghoon replied abruptly.

Sunoo, sensing something was off, suggested, "I can go ahead, and you can catch up later."

Sunghoon, however, held up his palm, stopping Sunoo in his tracks. "Nah, stick with me," he said, pulling Sunoo towards the cafeteria.