Episode 10: Companion

Sunghoon woke up to the sound of his alarm blaring, signaling the start of another school day. He quickly jumped out of bed and hurried to the bathroom for a refreshing shower. After hastily dressing himself, he grabbed his bag and rushed out the door, determined not to be late for class.

As he entered the school gates, Sunghoon made his way to their classroom, hoping to catch a glimpse of Sunoo there.To his disappointment, the classroom was still empty when he arrived. Sighing, he took a seat and pulled out his phone, sending a quick text to Sunoo.

---------------------------------------------------

Sunoo Kim

5:58 AM

Sunghoon
hey

r u awake?

im at scool already ^^

school*

6:00 AM

Sunoo
Sorry, got tired last night so had to sleep extra.

Sunghoon
are you alright?

can you walk? 😭

Sunoo
Yes lolll

I'll go there as fast as I can ;)

Sunghoon
tyt

---------------------------------------------------

Relieved to hear that Sunoo was okay, Sunghoon settled in to wait for him, hoping that he would arrive soon so they could start their day together.

Sunoo finally arrived at school, but his body felt stiff and sore from last night's activities. Despite the discomfort, he managed to make his way to the classroom. Upon entering, he spotted Sunghoon among their classmates.

Sunghoon noticed Sunoo's struggle and quickly went to his side, offering support as he guided him to his seat. Sunghoon pulled his own seat closer to Sunoo's, concern evident in his eyes.

"Does it hurt really bad?" Sunghoon asked softly.

Sunoo nodded, wincing slightly. "It didn't hurt last night, but today it does. But I'm fine, don't worry."

Sunghoon shyly muttered, "Sorry, I may have gone a little too rough."

Sunoo smiled and reassured him, "It's fine, at least you know now." They both chuckled softly.

During the break, Sunghoon suggested, "I'll show you to a part of the school only a few know." They stopped by the cafeteria first to grab some food before Sunghoon led Sunoo to the back of the school, hidden behind some overhanging vines.

As they emerged, Sunoo's eyes widened at the sight of a once beautiful fountain now in ruins. "What is this place?" he asked curiously.

Sunghoon explained, "This used to be a coin tossing fountain. But they demolished it because it's in the back of the school and doesn't benefit it much."

Sunoo chuckled, "How come? Why wouldn't they collect the coins students tossed?"

Sunghoon grinned mischievously, "Well, they wouldn't toss coins. They'd toss the people they bully."

Sunoo laughed, surprised by the unexpected answer. "Oh, that's... darkly creative," he remarked, shaking his head in amusement.

As they ate, Sunoo's curiosity led him to ask, "By the way, how do you know about this part of the school?"