•1•

It's the typical gloomy day in England. The smell of blood, guts, and rotting bodies filling the air. Every building is damaged, dark and depressing. Rats scurrying around. Some feasting on the dead corpses.

Tord slowly and mindlessly walks through the depressing city. His flesh a light green color, his hoodie torn, and he's missing an eye.

But he stops walking when he hears something coming from the alley. It sounds like... The cries of a baby.

Tord looks confused, or whatever expression his rotting face could make. He then starts moving closer towards it. He's a zombie, he's not scared of much.

Once he gets to the alley, there's a small crying baby girl on the ground. She's wrapped in a dirty bloody blanket. Her little onesie is dirty as well. She's just on the floor on a pile of trash.

Tord kneels next to the small baby, as much as his rotting body allows him to, and he picks up the child, holding her in one hand like a father might their child. The undead look on Tord has doesn't allow him to look to warm, but his head tilts slightly as he looks at this tiny thing, unsure on what to do.

The baby girl slowly stops crying. Only letting out a few small whimpers as Tord picks her up. She looks up at him with her little brown eyes. She coos a little at him. (Idk how babies work so-)

Tord looks down at the baby, and his rotting brain tries to think. Baby cry when it needs something. It doesn't have it's mother, Tord is undead, and the child is hungry. He has food... so he pulls out a bloody liver and offers it to the child.

He is trying to do the right thing, he may be undead... but he's not completely gone.

The baby looks at the liver in confusion. Her tiny hands start playing with it instead, which gets blood on her little hands on onesie. She can't eat it. She doesn't even have teeth yet.

Then Tord remembers something. There's a run down baby store not that far away from there.

Tord, not very much of a genius, begins the trek to the run down baby store, carrying the girl in one of his hands. While she is completely calm in Tord's hand, entertaining herself with the liver Tord gave her.

He is completely unconscious of how strange this all should be, as he begins his journey. He still keeps an eye out for other infected, just in case.

Tord eventually reaches a rundown Baby Store, and he walks inside. He sets the baby down on a counter, and she slumps down into a laying position. His singular eye looking around the store and he begins to look for some supplies the baby needs.

He's unsure on the whole, parenting thing.. especially since the child has no teeth.

While the baby keeps entertaining herself with the liver. Tord finds a few things. An empty bottle, pacifier, and a diaper. His rotting brain believes he'll need these. He picks them up with his rotting arms, and sets them on the counter besides the baby.

The baby notices the pacifier, letting the liver roll away off the counter. And immediately starts sucking on the pacifier instead. While watching Tord do his little search.

Tord smiles as if he's alive, or at least tries smiling with his rotting lips. If he were alive, he could be a father. At least that's what his brain tells him...

He then looks at one of the nearby shelves and notices there's a container of formula on it. He grabs the container, he seems to realize it's for babies and this is what is needed for the baby girl to eat.

He tries his best to make the formula with water from some random water bottle. He then turns back to the counter with the bottle of formula. His rotting brain trying to figure out how he's supposed to feed it to her. And she's just watching him the whole time.

He slowly picks her up. Carefully removes the pacifier from her mouth. His first thought was to pour the liquid directly into her mouth, as it would be quicker that way. But he realized it would most likely be painful for her.

His rotting brain begins to (almost) figure out what should happen, and he lets the bottle drip a little on the baby's little lips. He watches carefully with his single eye, seeing if she enjoys it, or if it'll hurt her.

As he watches carefully, the baby lifts her head up a little to reach the bottle. And she starts sucking on the nib of the bottle. Making a small coo sound as she drinks the formula. As well as closing her little eyes.

Tord, his rotting brain firing up on all cylinders, watches until she has emptied the bottle. He carefully pulls it back and she makes another coo sound, her eyes still closed, seeming to be comfortable.

Tord undead brain clicks together.

He's being a father. He seems to understand, it clicks.

Tord, the rotting zombie boy from Norway who eats bodies for fun, is fathering a child. His brain tries to comprehend how this is actually happening, but he can't. He takes joy in the task at hand.

The baby let's out a small yawn and burp. Keeping her eyes closed. And snuggles her little body against Tord's rotting one. She seems trusting of this undead man.

Tord smiles once she falls asleep, or at least tries smiling again. His rotting brain finally comprehends for one minute.

He isn't an infected zombie. He's not like them. The little girl, the baby, she trusts him. He looks over at the counter, at the baby items he grabbed, his brain makes another small connection. She needs a name. He looks down at her, his brain trying to come up with a few good names He then tries speaking to her, the baby girl who's asleep on his dead arm.

"Liver...."

----------------
(I tried using the red jacket zombie guy from the movie "Warm Bodies" as inspiration for Tord btw, lol.)