A Nice Saturday Before Disaster

Amaris's POV

I woke up an hour early. With that extra time, I got dressed, ate a quick breakfast, and went out the door.

As I walk to the elevator, I stop when I see Steven's closed door. Memories of last night flood back to me, making me tense up and clench my jaw.

If Steven wants to act like an ass, so be it. Hope he knows how pissed off I am, because he's this close to becoming "ex-friend"

Tightening my hold on my purse, I walk towards the elevator. And with a push of a button, I start my weekend by going to the market.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Five hours later, I come back to the flat. I carry heavy bags of food and necessities. Setting them on the counters, I start putting them in their rightful places. Afterwards, I grabbed canned soup and started boiling water.

While that was happening, my mind began to wander.

The name Khonshu sure does sound familiar. I swear I heard Steven mentuon that name before....but when?

With new found curiosity, I opened up my laptop and started typing. Weirdly, I find that Khonshu is an ancient Egyptian god, to which ruled the moon and the night sky; protecting travelers of the night. My interest is peaked and I dig for more.

So Steven was talking to some guy named Khonshu, who coincidentally has the same name related to a moon god? This is getting really weird. Like some Black Mirror type shit

Sighing, I lean back against my chair. My eyes shift to the pyramid crystal Steven gifted me on my birthday a few months ago. It's a moonstone, which is my favorite crystal. I stare at it, just pondering on how to feel about that strange behavior from Steven yesterday. I feel concern, genuine concern.

I'm so concerned for him. I haven't heard from him all day ever since last night. This is so unlike him....Why is Steven acting like this? Is he...even Steven? I don't know what to do...

I try to shake off my growing anxiety. With the soup done, I get up and go grab it to eat. The taste of the warm broth and thick noodles eases me for some time. After I'm done, I put it in the sink and get back to my desk for further research on this "moon god".

I've never been interested in ancient Egyptian-well-not in the way Steven does. It's all interesting but I personally have my own obsessions. However, I've always had the time to listen to Steven badger on and on about the Ennead, certain pharoahs and whatever. I'm personally a more Greek mythology kinda person. Most of my special interests are on the um..."macabre" side. True crime, medieval torture methods, serial killers and the paranormal.

Good thing that never scares Steven away. He always listened with such interest despite gory details. He's the only person that hasn't looked at me weird for finding such things fascinating.

Time has passed, the sky outside turning darker and darker. Clouds cover half of the city, a dull grey washing over any brightness from the setting sun. Typical London aesthetic.

My back ached from my slouched position that I've been in for hours. Stretching, my arms ached for relief. I shut my laptop and stand up. A headache slowly forms in my temples from the brightness of the laptop screen.

I flopped on my bed, the soft fabric from my blankets easing me into peaceful relaxation. Well, somewhat...

I hope Steven is okay, wherever he is. I have no fucking clue where that brit got himself into but I it's not anything dangerous. Maybe he's giving a mental health break? Nah, can't be...Ugh, damnit Steven! What the hell are you doing?

I sigh, turning onto my side to get some rest. I didn't think that running away to a country would cause even more problems. I wanted a clean slate to life. No more pain, no more fights, no yelling, no her. Just me, finally free to be myself.

I let the tiredness of the day lull me to close my eyes. And once again, I fell into a deep sleep.

☾☾☾