An Ordinary Day....or is it?

Amaris's POV

My eyes flutter open when I hear the loud beep of my alarm clock going off. With heavy fatigue in my, I manage to slam the button, turning it off. I slowly untangled myself from my sheets and pressed my feet on the cold floor.

After stretching, I stood and walked into my bathroom for my daily shower. When it was over, I grabbed an outfit from my closet and got dressed.

When I was finally done managing my hair, I grab a breakfast bar from the pantry and a pre-made iced coffee. With shoes on, bag and food in hand and headphones on my head, I waltzed out of my flat and towards the elevator.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Today I took the trolley bus to the museum instead of my bike, as my bike is currently having problems.

Since my college schedule gives me more free days, I use it to go to work. And to be honest, I only come to work not for the job itself, but for a current friend/coworker in mind.

And just right on time as i open the doors leading inside, I hear a familiar voice of my co worker, Steven Grant, holler out. I turn to see him jog up to me, holding his coffee and bag to his chest.

With a chuckle, I say hello and let the man pass me by before walking in behind him. Just as we were chatting, Steven sees a little girl putting her chewed up gum on the small, fake recreation of the pyramid of Giza. Steven walks over to the girl and I patiently wait for him by his front desk.

I lean myself on his front desk as Steven gets his stuff tidy before opening up his gift shop. I have one too, but it's far Steven's and is right next to the Neith exhibit.

"Hey, Steven. Let me guess...almost late to again?" I tease him.

"Yep. But uh, thanks for holding out the door for me, Amaris".

"No problem, amigo. Besides, you're the only decent worker here. If I have to hear more about those damn otters from-"

I suddenly hear the nauseating, ear splitting sound of Donna's voice interrupting my train of thought. With a quiet grumble, I turn my body to face the wretched woman, who is already glaring daggers at Steven.

"Hey, Donna. Didn't see you there!" My voice raised an octave, with how "cheerful" I was. I gave her a tight smile, hoping she would buzz off and leave poor Steven alone.

Sadly, one of Donna's favorite hobbies is nattering at Steven. God I hate this woman...

"Steven! What have I told you, don't start conversations when you should be opening up your stalk! Don't you ever bloody listen-"

"Donna, don't blame Steven, it's my fault. He was doing exactly right, I'm the one distracting him" I interrupted.

Donna's eyes switch to me then back to Steven. With a sigh, she (lazily) apologizes to Steven, then sternly tell me to go back to my shop.

I do as I'm told, but with without walking backwards and giving Steven a short salute. He gives me a short wave goodbye before I head to my shop.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

I sat alone in one corner of the break room, away from J.B, who yet again, is watching otters on his phone. As I'm done eating my shawarma, I see Steven step into the break room. I wave him over and he takes a seat across from me.

"So...how did your shift go? Mines was eh. But I swear-I'm so tired of getting the awkward tween boys that try not to stare at my chest. Like, c'mon kid, can you atleast be discreet about it?" I ramble on to him.