Discussions

The quiet squeaking of a closing door caught his attention. The room, in which he had thought himself and his Padawan were safe from the droids, threatened to become a prison for both of them.

"Anakin, the door!" he shouted to his Padawan, who stood closer to the door than himself.

Anakin spun around and made a big leap towards the door. But it was too late. The door closed with a loud bang. Suddenly, the sounds of the droids stopped, and it went dark. The only light that was left in the room came from a small window above them.

"Oops," Anakin murmured quietly into the silence.

Obi Wan ignited his lightsaber and walked to the door. The blue light didn't really help to see much more, but at least he managed to find his way to the door.

He tried to open it, but as he had expected, he wasn't able to open the door because there was no lock on the inside of the door.

"Master?" Anakin asked carefully.

Obi Wan turned around. "Well, Anakin, the door is locked."

"That's not kind of a good thing, isn't it?" Anakin said dryly.

"Anakin, you had one job."

"Yeah, you told me not to let the droids in."

"I told you to watch the door. And that means as well to make sure that the door stays open!"

"You didn't tell me that was a part of my task."

"Because I thought my Padawan's IQ was higher than a reek's."

"Looks like I proved you wrong." Anakin grinned.

Obi Wan slowly shook his head and turned away from him to look for another way out. But there wasn't.

He turned back to his Padawan, who was staring at him.

"Since you got us into this situation, I suggest you get us out of it as well," he said.

"Did you forget it was your idea to enter this room, master?" Anakin replied provocatively.

"Well, my idea was brilliant. You just messed it up. Now find a way out of here."

"The door is locked, master. I don't see a second one."

"Why don't you just use your big understanding of the Force? Didn't you tell me yesterday that your powers are high above Master Yoda's?" Obi Wan said sarcastically. "I am sure he would have found a way out of here."

Anakin grimaced. "Maybe I exaggerated a bit there."

"That's nothing new, isn't it?" Obi Wan rolled his eyes and watched his Padawan walking towards the door.

"Seems like we have to take the easy way." Anakin took out his lightsaber and ignited it.

"Anakin, I don't think that will work," Obi Wan said.

But his Padawan had already reached the door and stabbed his lightsaber into the door. But, as Obi Wan had suggested, nothing happened.

He sighed. "I told you."

Anakin was just about to give a reply when the door suddenly opened. They both spun around and looked directly into the violet shine of the blade of Mace Windu's lightsaber.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Anakin asked in disbelief.

The look on Obi Wan's face was at least as surprised as Anakin's.

Master Windu raised an eyebrow. "You didn't react to any of my messages, and I needed you two in the Jedi Temple. So I have taken a ship here to tell you myself."

"If you had waited any longer, there would have been no way to tell us yourself anymore," Anakin muttered.

Obi Wan gave him a warning look.

"What did you say, young Skywalker?" Windu asked.

"Nothing, master," Anakin said quickly and grinned at Obi Wan's disapproving look.

"Whatever, we are definitely in a hurry. We will arrive back at the Jedi Temple as soon as possible," Windu said and waved to the two of them to finally leave the room.

"What happened?" Obi Wan asked while they were walking towards the ship together.

"I will tell you about that on our flight," Windu replied.

Anakin met his master's reproving look. "I promise I will watch the door better next time," he murmured to his master and smiled at him.

Obi Wan couldn't help it and smiled back, even if he was still angry with his apprentice.