The Summer After: Pheonix Fire

A/N: Art by Roninewt on DeviantArt.

"Harry? Can I talk to you?" You ask.

It's almost a month after the war. You and Harry are staying at the Burrow with the Weasleys. You haven't talked to Harry since that day.

"Oh. Um...sure."

"Grab your broom." He grabs it and follows you outside.

"Why do I need my broom?"
"We're flying."

"But you don't have a broom..."

"I'll ride with you." He nods and you jump on behind him.

You lead him to a cliffside. You land and you sit down on the age. Harry soon joins you.

"Isn't this dangerous?" he asks. You smile.

"That's the fun part." He laughs.

"So what did you want to talk about?" You sigh.

"You know how we thought that Voldemort never killed me?" Harry nods. "That's not true. I was.

"Before he died, Dumbledore told me a story. When Voldemort came to kill me, he did. Hagrid found me already dead in Dad's arms. About a week later I was found by something with unimaginable power." Harry frowns.

"Something?"

You nod. "I was found by Regina, (Regina is Latin for queen) Queen of the Dragons. She's a giant immortal Antipodean Opaleye. Most Antipodean Opaleyes are cool colors. She is mainly pink and red. Or, at least she used to be. She had this power called Phoenix Fire. It was the ability to control fire, read minds, and resurrect the dead. When she found me, she was almost 3,000 years old. There have been wizards in the past with Phoenix Fire, but everyone thought it was no longer a power. She had the last of it. She didn't have much resurrection in her, but she used the last of it on me. She decided I deserved a second chance.

"After she gave me the last of her power, she turned blue with bits of green, purple, and pink. Her eyes stayed the same though. They're a really pretty green.

"She was looking for someone to take the last of her Phoenix Fire. She gave it to me. She raised me for the first 5 years of my life. When I turned five, she realized a dragon wasn't the right one to raise a child. So she took me to Dumbledore. He took me to the Dursleys and changed our memories so we thought I had been with you the whole time.

"That's why my hair kept changing. Because of the Phoenix Fire." You move your hand around and watch as a small flame ignites on your finger. "Draco and I went to see her not long after Dumbledore told me the truth. She gave me all my memories back. I still have the ones with you though." You look at Harry and smile. He smiles back. "Did you know that my patronus is a dragon? It's because, deep down, I knew I was raised by dragons and I missed who I thought to be my mother for five years. That's how I speak Parseltongue. Dragon is very similar to Parselmouth."

Harry nods. "Wow. That's a lot." You smile. "I just have one question. Are you dating Draco again?"

"Harry!" You push him and he laughs.

"Are you though?"

You laugh as you blush. "Yes. I don't think I ever truly stopped loving him."

"Draco already knows all of this, doesn't he?"

You nod. "Yep. Since he was there when I visited Mother." Harry looks at you strangely. You laugh. "To me, she's the only mother I've ever known. I don't really remember anything about Lily." Harry nods again.

"We should probably get back." You nod and stand up. You help Harry up and watch as he gets onto his broom. "Get on." You shake your head.

"I have another idea," You say with a smirk. You run to the cliff and jump.

"Y/N!" Harry screams as he runs to the edge.

You put your hands behind your back as you fall. Fire erupts from your hands and forms a pair of fiery wings. You feel yourself start going up and you zoom up past the cliffside. You can feel Harry's eyes on you as you keep going up. He quickly gets back on his broom and follows you.

"WHOOOOOOOOOOO!" You shout as you fly in a loop-de-loop. You stop in the air next to Harry. You laugh at the look on Harry's face.

"You scared me!" He says and laughs too.

"Come on! Let's go back." He nods and you both head back towards the Burrow.

When you get to the Burrow, you see Draco looking up at you.

"Draco!" You shout. You're already running towards him before your feet even hit the ground. The minute they do, your wings disappear. He laughs as you run into his arms.

"Nice wings," he says. You laugh.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have officially been disowned. Well, by my father at least."

"Oh, Draco. I'm sorry."

"I'm not. My father is horrible. Mrs. Weasley said I could stay here as long as I needed to. I was kind of surprised, honestly. I mean, I was so mean to her family!" You shrug.

"You were, but that's because you were taught to act that way towards the peasants by your father." He smirks.

"The peasants? You know my love, being friends with these peasants...it makes you wonder."

"Are you calling me a peasant, Malfoy?" You say, smirking. He lays his forehead against yours.

"Never," he says as he kisses you. You smile softly.

You hear soft footsteps and turn around to see Harry. You forgot he was there. You flew much faster than him. You see him stiffen at the sight of Draco.

"Malfoy," Harry says stiffly.

"Potter," Draco says. You roll your eyes as Harry keeps walking towards the Burrow. You pull Draco along with you.

"Can't you two get along?"

"Love, that is us getting along." You let out a frustrated sigh. Draco smiles and pulls you into another kiss. "Relax. I'll probably be here for a while so we can try to be better during that time."

"You'd do that?"

He smiles. "Anything for you."