JEWEL it is...

It was 12 o'clock in the afternoon. Ravi parked his bike near the footpath and walked into the grocery store. He waited for his chance to place the order because there was a lady buying something for her. Suddenly, a crashing sound was heard from behind. Sirens of the vehicles, screaming of the crowd. He noticed that a truck had rushed into the footpath, and his bike was crushed under the truck. He was filled with anger and sorrow until the lady next to him started crying. That cry gave him shivers. That's when he noticed something weird on the footpath. It was a kid's head; the skull was cracked, and the brain was projecting out. It was that lady's daughter. She was sitting on the scooter while her mother was purchasing fruits. None of them present were able to withstand the scene. He slowly walked away.

                                                            Suddenly, something struck his leg. It was a golden earring. A small, cute earring covered in blood. He took it and turned around. He understood that it wasn't the right time to give it back to her. He took it with him. He washed it and placed it on the table. He wasn't able to forget the thing he just saw. He decided to take a short nap. After he woke up, he went to check on the earring, but it wasn't there. He looked around. And her daughter ran to him, saying, "Thanks, papa, this earring looks wonderful." He scolded her and took it back from her.

                                                                 He thought he should just throw it away instead of giving it back, because he never felt like going back to that house. He threw it away and went back inside. His daughter looked so confused. He smiled at her and said, "I'll buy you chocolates instead." That problem was solved. But the real problem was just about to begin.

                                                                  That night, he wasn't able to sleep at all. His mind was so disturbed. He told his wife about it. She felt sorry for the lady and started sleeping. But still, he felt something was wrong. A weird cry. From outside the house. Was it a girl? He stood up. He called up his wife, handed her a torch, and went outside. He walked in the direction where he heard the cry. Someone ran into the bushes. He held his breath and walked quickly. He stepped on something; it was the earring that he threw away.

                                                                      He walked back with shivering hands. He kept it on the table and went back to sleep. But he was looking out through the door; the doorway was illuminated by the moonlight. Suddenly, his daughter ran by. He went behind her. She was running upstairs. There was blood all over the way she ran. Footprints are covered in blood. "Jewel, stop. What happened?" Only the walls echoed him back. The balcony door was open. She was standing on the ledge of the balcony. She looked like a standing corpse. Blood was dripping from her clothes. She slowly turned back; her face was gleaming with moonlight. Ploddingly, she said, "Help me, papa." He wasn't able to do anything in the dark. She fell from the ledge as someone pushed her from behind. He shouted like a mad dog. He went downstairs with overflowing eyes.

He held her body in his arms. It was carved out of her chest. 

"YOU TOOK MY JEWELS, I TOOK YOURS.".