Homecoming Part 2

Her scream sounded like death; her shallow eyes had already engulfed enough fear. If only her hands were untied, she could've wiped her tears off. Someone is walking towards her.

It's sara. She held on to Meera's jaw. "Have you ever felt pain?"

Meera couldn't utter a word.

"Do you have a heart?" Sara laughed out loud.

"Leave her alone." Ravi was screaming. Nobody listened.

Sara kept her hand in the middle of Meera's chest. "Is it here? Your heart?" She slowly pushed her fingers into her chest, piercing the flesh toward her heart. Her dress turned red, and the floor tasted the blood.

Her nails felt the purity of the heart and the pain that was pumped through it. "Ow no, I forgot about it." Sara beat her forehead a couple of times and said, "I want you to know pain."

She pulled her hands out, wiping off the blood on Meera's face. "I love your beautiful eyes."

Her hands moved closer to her eyes, closer and deeper. Now that the pain was unimaginable, Sara pulled out her eyes. No one could hear Meera's cry. She isn't screaming anymore. Within the bubble of pain, she waited patiently for her end to arrive.

Sara held on to Meera's wrist. "Aren't these the fingers that felt Ravi's face?" She smiled. "A dead body can't feel anymore, so why do you need these?" Each of her fingers was cracked. The sound made when her bones were breaking was music in Sara's ears. She said, "You never deserved it, didn't you?" Her hands were a canvas painted with hues of woe, each stroke of agony had a tale to show.

Sara slowly pulled Meera's heart out. End of the misery, beginning of another. Just like vultures feed their hunger with a dead body, Sara feeds her thirst with blood. She licked the heart; it tasted like pain and smelled like victory. Pain, a whisper, a poignant cry. Meera hung from the rope in between the two pillars. An echo within as the time slips by.

The heart was squeezed until every drop of blood came out. "No more love for him inside this, no more. He's mine. I'm the one bound to love him." She poured the blood into her mouth. Ravi saw it all, helpless. Hands tied, heads down. He knew he was the next prey. He waited there like a sheep to be sacrificed.

Sara walked toward Ravi. She put her heart on the floor midway. "It's been a while, my love; now it's just you and me." She smelled like coffee. She walked closer to Ravi. She's still thirsty, but now it isn't for blood. It was for Ravi.

Her hands went all over his face. Once again, those fingers felt pleasure. Little did his face change. Her lips felt his lips. Ravi kicked her away. "Get out of my sight, you dead slut." Ravi did it, even though this is going to be the last thing he'll do. Sara stood up, wiping away her tears. "You don't deserve me." And she walked away. Ravi was left there, tied to the pillars, guarding Meera's unalive body. He slowly slept, hanging there.

When he woke up, The sky was blue, and he was sitting under a tree. Green grass spread all over the place. The breeze felt like peace, and the zephyrus weaved through his hair. With each mild gust, a serenade played, a melody by the breeze.

Someone was walking towards him. He couldn't see her face clearly. She was a beauty, pure and bright, a symphony of grace in soft daylight. When she got closer, he realized it was Meera. "Welcome home, Ravi." She said it with a smile.