Thoughts on Shipping: Boboiboy

For anyone who doesn't know Boboiboy, it's a Malaysian animated series about a boy who has elemental powers. Following that is its sequel series that's basically a continuation of Boboiboy's(that's his nickname) adventures: Boboiboy Galaxy.

Does this mean I'm Malaysian? No, it just confirms I'm Asian since my own country has a dub for it.

To start off, I grew up with this series ever since I watched it on my TV and will always have a special place in my heart along with other shows like Pokemon. So if any rando there says it's stupid to watch this show, get the f out it's my childhood and I ain't leaving it.

Okay! Now back to the maintopic, shipping. Like many famdoms nowadays, I've noticed that their most popular ships are gay ships, usually between men. Usually I'm fine with the ships as long as they're legal, I just don't support it, but I have some beef with the BBB fandom. Because from what I can see in Wattpad, the most popular ships are BBB elements with each other of BBBxFang.

My main problem with the ships are that 1) the former is just shipping the same dude but a different version of himself, and 2) THEY'RE BOYS!

I don't know a lot about Muslim culture but what I do know is that they don't support LGBT+, they can respect LGBT+, mind you, but not support it. And from what I can gather with the specials and seeing Amato, BBB's dad, and his parents, it's obvious they're Muslim.

So not only is it weird the former is shipping the same guy, but both are also disrespecting Muslim culture!(in my opinion)

At first I didn't mind them (minus BBB elementxBBB element, still weird) but after knowing they don't support LGBT+, it just feels wrong in my opinion.

When it comes to shipping, I always make sure that it's legal and an appropriate age gap for my standards as well as respectful to their culture if in a real life scenario. So BBBxFang feels wrong for me, along with other gay ships in the fandom.

This is just MY opinion so if you don't agree, then don't agree with me. I'm just voicing this out because I really want to vent some pent up stuff I can't tell anyone since they can't relate with me. Just please, be respectful with your opinions. I'm sorry if it feels like I'm disrespecting those shippers, which in all honesty I think I am, but it just feels so wrong shipping stuff like that woth their culture and all.