Random Rant 2

So, I've been noticing lately that there's a double-standard when it comes to romance.

First, a boy and a girl are friends. People's first thoughts? "AWWW I SHIP IT THEY MAKE SUCH A CUTE COUPLE AADHDHHAJDDAFDN!!!!"

And then two boys or two girls are friends. What do people see? "AHFUDUFBFJFJSH THERE IS NO STRAIGHT EXPLANATION FOR THIS THEY LOVE EACH OTHER!!!"

And what I'm getting is that, if they're close friends or have some interaction with each other, they're automatically a couple?

Not that I have a problem woth that, no. Weelll, kinda. This is really just my opinion so please leav if you don't like it.

I just wanna say, PLATONIC LOVE IS VALID TOO!!! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT ROMANCE!!

Can I please at least a moment of peace for people to NOT ship friends? And I'm going on a whim and say I have done that, but at least I let them grow!! I do ship friends, but I wait for them to grow and see my final say on it.

First of all, Lumity. AKA LuzxAmity. This is a very popular ship with in the Owl House fandom and is very much canon as they're dating.

At the beginning, I did not ship them. Not one bit. I only saw them as friends first when they did become friends. The only time I did start to ship it is when it was confirmed that Amity had a crush on Luz.

I first let the two grow as characters and see how it will go further. Only, and only when a couple explicitly hinted at having a crush on them, I start to ship.

But if I'm being honest, that was also me being dense with romance. I kid you not, I am not that good at reading the signs.

And this was very evident in one of my first ever ships, Amourshipping. Amourshipping is a popular ship in the Pokemon fandom ever since Pokemon XY.

I never saw the signs of Serena's crush for Ash until I had this stupid dream about them in an unexpdcred confession. That is how dense I am.

But back to the topic, I'm really sick and tired of people just instantly shipping friends or best friends because of how close they are. Their chemistry can still be translated into something platonic. That doesn't mean I hate the ships, I respect them. But I'm just tired of people doing that to friends and even STRANGERS.

Wanna know what's more annoying? When they do that in real life!

I have seen situations where people ship two friends or best friends just because of how close they are, or just people who don't know each other well.

I'm gonna be vague with this since it's my life, but this happened to me. We were only acquaintances and then somebody SUDDENLY paired us! I don't know if their feelings were true or not, but I did NOT reciprocate.

Try to be in my shoes. Someone you know but not to a personal level is just hanging around. And them their friend suddenly shouts "THEY HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU!" How would you feel after that?

I just really hope this doesn't escalate further. One time when someone commented on us being partners, in a platonic sense, people starting being like "Ooo~" that is just, no.

THIS. This is why I don't have guy friends. Because I didn't want to be paired with them. I HATE it when people do that to me. I don't do it to them, why the f**k are you doing it to me?!

And I swear, if someone will say "Are you sure you don't have a crush on them~? You've been getting really close to them lately—"

There's a thing called, WANTING TO HAVE A FRIEND!!!!

Anyway, sorry about this rant. This was on my mind recently and I just despise thinking about it again, so I wanna vent out.