13 / gabriel

HINDI makatingin sa kanya si Lov.

Habang simbang gabi. Habang noche buena. Habang Secret Santa.

He gifted her a snow globe lantern framed with vintage brass. A miniature model of Anderdal Manor sits inside it alongside a Christmas tree. When switched on, it lights up and plays her favorite song: Aphrodite by The Ridleys.

She covered this a few years ago. Gabriel has never quite forgotten this song, never gotten it out of his head since the first time he heard it in her voice, and now he knows why—the lyrics are an accurate representation of how he feels about her.

With the figurine, Gabriel knows how much Christmases in Anderdal mean to her. Lov looks forward to it every year even though she doesn't say or show it—she loves having both families together, she respects and admires the friendship her mom and his mom have built over the years, and she treasures all the memories made in this place during the holiday season. It's her favorite time of the year, and Gabriel wanted her to have something to bring back to Manila when they leave Anderdal this year.

It's the first gift he's carefully thought of (besides literally tattooing Lov's name in his mouth), a special something for a special person, but all she says is, "Thanks."

It's not like he was expecting any other response from her, but it stung a bit. He smiles nonetheless and says, "You're welcome, Lov."

"ANO 'TO, BIBLIYA?! TITA PAM, O!" sigaw ni Mikee pagkabukas niya ng regalo galing kay Jett.

"Kailangan mo 'yan!" sigaw pabalik ni Jett.

"MAY HOLY WATER PA, TANGINANGJANCO KA—"

"Okay, ito na gift ko sa inyo!" Georgina announces, standing up from the couch with the speakers and sparkly microphone. She flips her hair over her shoulder and says, "Performance ko na ulit kasi bida-bida ako at feeling main character."

Every year, they're forced to watch Georgina perform a number she prepared for all year long. Last Christmas, nag-choir siya mag-isa to Silent Night. The year before that, it was Let It Go from Frozen in Elsa's full costume and wig. May props pa siya na snowflakes. The year before that, 'yong sa Mean Girls na Jingle Bell Rock pero one-woman-show dahil ayaw mag-perform ng other three girls.

Gabriel has to commend her effort and commitment to the cause.

Ngayon, she's wearing Sabrina Carpenter's red and white corset Christmas dress. A Nonsense Christmas begins to play.

"Think I only want you under my mistletoe, I might change your contact to 'Has a Huge North Pole,'" kanta ni Georgina, wala talagang hiya sa mga magulang nilang lahat.

"Okay, next," sabi ni Mikee.

"Patapusin mo siya," sita ni Kuya Aze. "Don't be rude, Mik."

"Don't be rude, Mikmik," ulit ni Jett, grinning.

"Ibabato ko sa 'yo 'tong bibiliya mo—"

"You're my wishlist, lookin' at you got me thinkin' Christmas," tuloy ni Georgie.

Wala sa mood si Lov. Kahit no'ng iwinagayway ni Gabriel sa harap nito 'yong lumpiang shanghai sa kamay niya. "Naalala mo 'to? Paborito ko 'to."

Pagkatapos ni Georgina, Tita Marge and Gabriel's mother take the floor. Pagkatapos nila, sumayaw sina Tito Holder at ang tatay ni Gabriel. Sumabay na rin sina Kuya Patrick at Baby Bailey.

Then, finally, Ate Kaf urges, "Lovi, ikaw naman. Just one song."

Lov grimaces. "Um, no thanks."

Kung pwede lang, p-in-lay na ni Gabriel 'yong bago niyang upload kanina na kanta ng Oh Holy Night, but it's Lovi's decision to share her talent beyond her online audience.