1 / gabriel

"ANO 'to?!"

Ngumiti si Gabriel. He leans back against his chair and raises his chin to look up at the woman who stormed into his office at 9 AM on the dot. "News article."

Hindi natuwa si Lov sa sagot niya. She gives him a sweet smile and grips the iPad in her perfectly-manicured hands. "Thank you, Gabriel. Napakatalino mo talaga."

Lumawak ang ngiti niya. Ah, the sweet, sweet sound of his name.

Of the few people who called him by his first name, she's the only one who pronounces it Gay-bree-uhl, exaggerating each sound.

'Yong mga magulang at kapatid niya, Ga-bri-yel.

It's not nearly as appealing or classy as when Lov says it in her voice, kaya ito lang ang pwedeng tumawag sa kanya n'on rito sa opisina.

"Kaya ako presidente," sagot ni Gabriel, brushing a hand over his jaw.

"President ka because your family owns the business and Kuya Aze turned it down."

"I love it when you feel the need to bring up the concept of nepotism. Bago ba 'yang top mo?"

Lov raises an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Yes or no lang ang sagot, Lov."

"Lovi," she grits out, as Gabriel knew she would, because he's also the only one who calls her that. "Two syllables na nga lang, tamad ka pa?"

"Bago ba 'yang top mo, Lov?"

She closes her eyes and exhales deeply.

Gabriel grins and glances at his watch.

9:02 AM. Record time sa pang-iinis ni Gabriel sa kanya.

He should do this more often.

"Yes, it's new," Lov answers calmly, brushing the hair out of her face with one hand.

Actually, hindi na kailangan tanungin ni Gabriel—alam niyang bago. Ngayon lang niya nakita, e. Of the three years they've worked together, he's become attuned to the contents of her wardrobe and has made an inventory of it in his head. There are days that he plays a game with himself bago siya pumasok.

Naka-slacks ba siya ngayon o naka-skirt? Naka-long sleeves o short sleeves? Nakatali kaya buhok niya o nakalugay? Naka-heels, boots, o flats?

Today, she's in a white short-sleeved button-down paired with a black pencil skirt that hugs her hips. Nakalugay, naka-hikaw, naka-relo sa isang kamay, naka-heels.

"Thought so," sabi ni Gabriel. "Maganda."

"I didn't ask for your opinion, nabili ko na."

"Assurance lang na 'di sayang 'yong pera mo."

"Nandito ba ako so we can discuss my outfit choices?"

"We can." He tilts his head to the side and keeps his eyes on hers. "And if we were, I'd say you look beautiful."

Hindi nag-iba ang ekspresyon ni Lov. She narrows her eyes at him. "Nandito ako to do my job. Ano isasagot ko dito?"

Pinakita uli sa kanya ni Lov 'yong nasa screen ng iPad niya.

Is Actress Heart Ramos dating Gabriel Tanjangco of Tanjangco Group?

He shrugs.

Tinitigan siya nang mabuti ni Lov. "May pictures. Nakaakbay ka sa kanya. Nagbubulungan. She said you were texting her."

"To thank her for the invite. It was a birthday dinner."

"Your schedule is loaded, wala kang oras para sa mga birthday dinner ng mga artista."