9: Meet his Mother

Jewel Series: Maria Andrea Ledesma

Chapter 9: Meet his Mother

----

A meal is already prepared, when Mal and Zielo arrived. Zielo's mom is already sitting in the table and her primary maid is standing beside her.

"My lord, Lady Mal." Yumukod ng konti si Alec ng makita ang pagpasok ng Master nya kasama si Mal at kinuha nito ang dala nilang bag.

"Hello, Màmá" bati ni Zielo sa ina bago ito nilapitan at hinalikan sa pisngi.

Duchess Evien showed a smile as she cupped Zielo's face. "Mi hijo, I've missed you dearly." sambit nito saka hinalikan ang magkabilang pisngi ng anak.

Her Gaze then went to Mal as Zielo guided Mal to stand beside him. "And this is my woman, Mal Ledesma." Pagpapakilala ni Zielo kay Mal,

Mal smiled sweetly and even bowed a little. "It was nice to meet you po."

Duchess Evien's gaze raked Mal's whole body, sending shivers down her spine as the Duchess continued looking at her from up and down.

Her looks weren't friendly, it was the looks of someone criticizing you. That how ever confident Mal is, the look on the duchess scared her. "Are you the doctor?" tanong nito sa kanya habang nakataas ang isang kilay.

Scared, Mal gathered the courage to nod and answered the Duchess. "Yes maam, currently I am working in one of the best hospital in the country and worked under one of the best doctors" sagot nya, though fear is still visible in her tone of voice.

Duchess Evien was impressed but she didn't show it. She always wanted to have a doctor in her family but unfortunately Zielo chooses to follow her husband's footprints which is to become a lawyer.

"Have a seat, both of you." Duchess Evien voice remaind unwelcoming she then told her primary Maid, Annita to get some wine.

Alec, pulled Mal's seat and Zielo seated beside her. "Thanks" mahinang sambit ni Mal kay Alec ng makaupo sila ni Zielo.

"Mom, it's too early for that." reklamo ni Zielo but the duchess dismissed him and motion Annita to fill there glasses with wine.

"Don't be nonsense, mi hijo." sagot nito bago bumaling kay Mal "It's fine right.. ahmm.. What is your name again?"

Mal just nod. "Mal po. Maria Andrea Ledesma, but I go by Mal it's much easier." Sambit ni Mal she even thanked Annita who poured her glass of wine.

The duchess nod with a creepy smile on her face.

The duchess had a hidden agenda on to why she told Annita, her primary maid to serve wine. It was because she wanted to know if her Son's woman had a true characteristics, that what she acts right now.

"So, Doctor Ledesma? Can I call you Doctor Ledesma?" tanong nito kay Mal bago sumimsim sa wine glass nya.

"Mal will do po. Just call me Mal."

The Duchess nod and motioned Mal to taste the wine which Mal immediately obeyed. She took a sip and complimented the wine which the duchess nod at.

"So, Mal what do you do now?"

Mal felt like she was being interogated but she keept her cool. "Currently, I am working in one of the best hospital's in the country under the Internal Medicine Department and currently I am also a resident which, means I also oversee Interns on their hospital rotations."

The duchess showed a sceptical looked. "that's it? what are your plans after?"

Mal glanced at Zielo who was about to say something and motioned him to stop. "Right now, I love what I do and was enjoying it though after my residency I am planning to pursue Internal Medicine and have my fellowship in the US under Dr. Hainworth."