1: Winter

The air was cold.

The snow under his boots was cold.

The bright sun didn't help with the cold.

His wounds felt cold.

And his tattered clothes were stained red and purple.

Under these harsh conditions, he didn't flinch when one of her men tried to assassinate him.

Nobody's been capable of touching the Young Duke's neck since the death of two generations of the royal family she served.

The Duke, L/n, had been waiting for this moment.

It will be his twentieth birthday, together with his new family.

V/n was looking the most forward to this event.

"Young Master?"

He turned to face his only loyal servant amidst many betrayals.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Your Father and Sister have requested that you return early today and leave the rest of the subjugation to your knights."

The hold Seth had on his sword loosened over those words before he tucked it away in its sheath, "Alright, get my horse, I'll head there first and you can all finish everything yourselves before returning as well."

"Understood, Young Master." His knights bowed before getting to it when he hopped onto his horse and disappeared.

...

The mansion has always felt massive even now that he's twenty years old.

Walking through the front doors that had been opened by the servants, not a feast awaited but his only two family inside.

V/n smiled waving at him from a chair up high on the internal second-floor balcony.

"You're finally here, Seth." L/n was holding his sword, not a single piece of armor on him.

Seth already knew what this was supposed to be, it was his coming of age ceremony with his Father putting the title of him to be the new Duke of this cold place.

"Are you ready for your true calling, son?" L/n seemed happy, he was smiling at him, cocky and hopeful about something.

You could say a suicidal maniac finished painting his canvas of weapons.

"Father.." Seth drew his sword out when l/n pointed a sword at him.

"Do your best, little Brother." V/n cheered for him while clapping her maid felt unnerved by this even though they'd seen worse things than this family's strange dynamic.

Seth drew out his power into the sword after taking off his coat.

In this house, wearing armor is nothing more but an equipment used to lower one's strength and train with its weight on you.

"Please, don't go easy on me, Father." He turned to his fighting stance and adjusted power to the feet he stepped back before pushing himself forward.

L/n couldn't tell Seth's gotten even more used to the power to add to his speed and agility.

Strength alone was enough as it is on his own, but to be this fast was a nightmare on its own, a monster if one were to categorize them both onto the section for knights.

The royal knights aren't strong enough to get to them with this.

'Such monstrous beings destroying each other is such a fun show.' v/n smirked when she crossed her legs watching the two clash at each other.