𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

𝑨 𝑮𝑨𝑴𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑨𝑮

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐃 bright and full of adventure and opportunities when Peter had awoken in the morning. He'd been called in early by Aslan together with his sister Susan, and how excited he was. He'd hoped that Aslan would allow them to stay for longer like they had been in the past. However, Aslan had been waiting with no such news.

Instead, he told Peter and Susan that they were too old and had learnt all that they could from Narnia. Peter and Susan were devastated, though perhaps Peter a little bit more. He wanted to stay in Narnia and rule Narnia for the rest of his life.

Despite the blazing heat coming from the sun high in the sky above him, Peter felt cold. His normally sky-blue eyes stared darkly before him as he counted his last hours in the golden kingdom he'd wanted to call his new home. All he wanted to do was run away and hide so Aslan could never send him home, even though he knew Aslan would have no trouble finding him.

In an attempt to make Peter's day better, Lucy was the one to suggest taking the horses for one last stroll through the nearby forest and Peter reluctantly agreed. He was kneeling down beside his horse to fasten his boot. The grass and tiny rubble were both irritating and tickling his knee as it roughly scratched over the ground.

Caspian's hand patted Peter's shoulder as he walked past. 'Are you ready, my friend?' he asked and greeted his horse with another sympathetic pat on the horse's neck.

'Are you asking me or Destrier?' Peter asked with a chuckle.

Caspian grinned along with him and mounted his horse with a strong kick. He cocked his head back to get his shoulder-length hair out of his face. 'Both,' he answered.

Peter and Caspian had only known each other for two weeks, but the two kings felt like it had been years. To say they didn't like the other when they met would be an understatement. They were at each other's throats, trying to achieve the same goal; free the Narnians from the Telmarines.

Peter's siblings thought they would never see eye-to-eye, but in the midst of it all, they had to have faith in each other. War could do a lot to people. It could create foes out of friends, and friends out of foes. Luckily for the Narnians, two foes had turned their backs on their home country and did everything they could to help them.

They could've never expected a daughter of a Telmarine Lord and the Telmarine prince himself to side with them. However, they were forever grateful that they had.

Lirael was impatiently waiting on her horse, trying not to continuously tug on the reins to refrain her horse from moving too much. Much like her horse, Lirael wanted to dive into the forest, but like always, she had to wait on those sluggishly taking their time. She closed her eyes to soak up the warmth of the sun and smiled as she let out a content sigh.