Chapter 4

Michelle 💍

"I think I got ID'd on that last hit." Michelle says between chewing. "You ever been ID'd on a hit?"

"Not that I'm aware of, no." Kate shakes her head.

"Right. I think I'm in trouble."

The two of them were sitting in Michelle's and Anntonia's Kitchen having breakfast. After being informed the consequences of her failed mission, Michelle had much to discuss with her best friend. They knew that Anntonia wasn't home so things would be safe to talk about. (Little did she know).

"You get a good look at him?" Kate asks.

"Little thing. Buck 10, buck 15 tops."

"Maybe he's Filipino," Kate shrugs.

"Maybe, but I'm sure it was a chick." Michelle says making Kate choke on her coffee.

"Are you saying you got your ass kicked by some other girl?" Kate raises her brows in disbelief.

"Yeah maybe." Michelle nods, stabbing her fork into her breakfast.

"Really?"

"Pro."

"Well then this should be easy for you. I mean how many hitters do you know that are chicks?" Kate says making Michelle shrug. "Hm. I see Anntonia did the dishes." She nods behind her.

Michelle glances over her shoulder. "How do you know it wasn't me?"

"Because once when all the knives were dirty I watched you cut a bagel with your key." Kate says pointedly earning an eye roll from Michelle. "Anyways, did you get any other details besides her weight class?"

"Laptop."

"I'm sorry what? You're in this whole zone and I'm having a hard time talking to you."

"Laptop." Michelle drops a burnt laptop on the counter.

"Okay Laptop." Kate nods. "It looks pretty beat. Did you get anything from it?"

"I got an address. 435 Highland Drive, Bangkok." Michelle says. "You know it?"

"Sounds familiar. Let's check it out."

"I'll grab my coat."

•••

They arrive at the address within fifteen minutes. Michelle wears a mask and a cap before heading into the building. Approaching the front desk she lowers her mask only enough for her to speak.

"Excuse me Miss?"

"Yes, How May I help you?" The receptionist smiles.

"Is it possible for me to know who owns suit 3500." Michelle asks.

"May I ask why?"

"It's strictly business. I'm here for a job interview." Michelle lies.

"Oh well then of course," The innocent girl types into her computer. "Mrs Anntonia Dee will be up in Suit 3500."

The name causes Michelle's eyes to widen. Did she hear correctly? Anntonia Dee? How many possible Anntonia Dee's were there in Bangkok.

"Did you just say Anntonia Dee?" Michelle asks to make sure she heard right.

"Yes, Anntonia Porsild Dee is the owner of this building." The receptionist nods.

The confirmation makes Michelle swallow thickly as she blinks blankly at the girl. There's only one Anntonia Porsild Dee in this world and Michelle is positive she's married to her.