Chapter 6

Anntonia 💍

The drive on the way home is completely silent. Every cell in her body feels numb. She grips the steering wheel harshly as result of being tense. It's hard to pin point what she feels.

She knows she should let go, maybe take a different route home but she doesn't want to.

All she can think about is Michelle.

Their love was dangerous from the beginning. Built off of a foundation of lies not just on her part but Michelle's. Like a raging fire that was bound to grow into an explosion.

Anntonia scolds herself for falling for her in the first place. She should have put out the fire before it even started, now she's the one getting burned in the end.

Every kiss only added to the flames.
Every touch lingered like a burn against her skin.
Every time Michelle held her in her arms was the equivalent to being tangled up in barbwire.

It's clear Anntonia never learned. Being with Michelle was the most pleasurable pain she had ever experienced in her life.

•••

It's a foreign feeling really. She hasn't felt grief for anyone since she was five. It's cause she's been training herself not to feel it for so long.

She sat alone at a table for two at a restaurant known as La Vie en Rose. A glass of white wine in her hand. A black dress that hugged her body in just the right way. Her hair curled in perfect waves down her back. And for who?

Wiping the lone tear, she does her best not to think about it. Maybe it's cause she loved her.

She feels a presence behind her, followed by a familiar warm hand. They take her wine glass and pour a little more. Closing her eyes the corner of her lips lift into a small smile.

Of course. She underestimated her.

"Excuse me for Interrupting this moment. Thought I'd just drop in." Michelle smiles while presenting herself. "I have one last problem to face."

Swallowing her feelings Anntonia smiles back up at her. "Which is?"

"I want a divorce."

"I like it. You proposed to me here so it has a meaning of symmetry."

"Thought you would." Michelle nods walking over to the chair across from Anntonia. "Can I sit?"

"No."

But as to be expected of Michelle, she does so anyways. Stealthily Anntonia grabs the pistol strapped to her thigh. She rests it in her lap, covering it with her napkin.

Michelle makes a show of covering her own lap with a napkin, letting Anntonia know that she's no idiot. They're playing the same game after all.

"Champagne, Miss?" A waiter asks.

"No. Champagne is for celebrating. I'll have a martini." Michelle says while keeping her gaze on Anntonia.

Leaning in a little closer to Michelle she doesn't want to beat around the bush any longer.

"What is it that you want Michelle?"

"We have an unusual situation Anntonia. You obviously want me dead. But I'm just as good as you are so what do we do? Do we shoot it out here? Hope for the best?" Michelle offers with a grin.