Chapter 1

The city was in peace rather than noises from people walking or selling some things on the sidewalks. The breeze from the wind was so much more into it, until a tall shadow appeared from the corners.

It was looking in one direction, and it was mine.

I kept ignoring it as my gaze traveled to all those around me, the beautiful colors of roses all aligned as the sellers gained some customer. I tried so hard but I always felt that tall shadow's gaze on me, as I was about to walk away. In a flash the shadow was right beside me, my body tensed as it whispered in my ear.

"The time has come, we'll get another way to get you from those stupid barriers."

My eyes widened as I felt black shadows surround my body, as my body tensed, the black shadows tighten. I was about to utter a word before passing out, until I gasped up from bed. Breathing heavily as the alarm clock beside my bed kept going off, sweat falling from my forehead as I breathed heavily, looking around the place I was in. I sighed in relief as I realized I was in my room, meaning it only was just a nightmare.

Soon a voice was heard from downstairs,

"Selena Harper!, wake up or your gonna be late for the damn bus stop, or you'll be walking your feet up to your school again."

I sighed, knowing it was my mother's voice, as I got out of bed, turning my clock off as I rushed downstairs from my room. I've been having these nightmares day and night, whenever I fell asleep in class and would randomly wake up and jump up from my seat, making me get caught and brought to the office for a punishment.

I grunt as i jumped on the chair, before my mother could even put the eggs and bacon on the plate in front of me. She sighed plating the food as she spoke.

"Come on, sweethert. You're already in the 9th grade, just...mature a little."

I frown in response as I look up at her, taking a bite from the plate, as I responded back.

"But, mom. Who could ever blame me?, i'm already me from being me."

My mom sighed again as for her response. While I quickly ate and got up as I finished my food within seconds, gulping down the water. After drinking I grabbed my towel and bid her a good morning while rushing in the bathroom, making her look from where I was and muttered to herself with a smile.

"How could I ever forget you when your own self runs through our daughter."

She chuckled, an hour passed from getting in the shower. I got out with the fresh and heat around the air from the bathroom as I went upstairs to get in my school uniform. While I was combing my hair, I saw a mysterious shadow on the corner of my window. As I slowly and quietly got up from my desk and walked carefully to my window, after getting close I quickly opened the curtains to unveil....nothing.

I looked around to double check, but still nothing. I just closed the curtains again and went back to my desk to get my back pack and went downstairs, and just as expected, my mother was still there. As I bid her farewell before walking out of the house to the bus stop, "Just in time."
I mumbled to myself.

After minutes of waiting the bus appeared on time as expected, I got up and went up the bus, scanning my card for the payment as I got a seat next to the window. The bus doors shut closed as it started to move again.

As far as I wanted to go back to the house knowing really school sucked for everyone or some people, I just knew I wouldn't have a choice and would be dragged back to school by my mother. Y/n Harper, I never really knew why or how did my 'father' ever left her, maybe because of the attitude or more?.

But if it was for how scary she is, I could really agree with him on that. 'sorry mom', but I do want to meet him one day. Maybe to kick his ass for being a jerk on leaving me and mom or to see who he really is, since mom never kept photos of him even in a photo album, but really I could understand that.

how could you even move on, if you still have his photo around. Right?

Minutes past within the space as the bus stopped, I soon got off and walked towards the school entrance with my back pack on my back. I was known for being the school's worst and school's clown student from the amazing stunts I pulled,
I was everyones gossap most of the time, but why should I care? If i'm being gossiped than might as well mean that i'm famous.

Finally I got to my classroom, walking up to my seat as i sat down with my legs on my desk since I wore my pants today's class. After getting comfortable. I pulled my phone out to watch some videos, until my phone was snatched away. Making me roll my eyes as a familiar voice spoke up,

"Didn't we made it clear to sit properly and no phones when you're in my class?."

I just sighed, the familiar voice was none other than Nolan sensei. The most strictest teacher they say, but nothing was gonna stop me from being me, not with a tittle like that I do.

"Well hello there, Nolan-sensei. I said waving my hand at him jokingly as he gave me a cold stare with the meaning 'get yourself straight up'.

"Mrs. Harper if you don't comply with my rules right now you'll get another damn record on your perfect attendance at the office." He spoke back as he pushed my legs down to the floor. I felt annoyed but just soon complyed, not wanting another scolding from mom, Nolan sensei soon walked to the front of the class and started his lecture. It was boring to be honest, all of those subject is, except for....arts.

I had my head on that subject since, I was praised a little there at my class in arts. I even had a favorite guy there that was my seatmate, his name is Jake. He was my everything if we were together, until one day he stopped showing up to art class. I was worried at first but days or months passed, his chair was still empty.

I really never wanted my hopes up for someone but for some reason it happened to him, my hopes that he'll last for enternity being my friend

Yet i still looked at the empty chair beside me when i went to art class.