A note from the author

Hey everyone, CT-1735 here. I would just like to point out a few things before we jump into the story. First and foremost, this is a fan-fiction story. I do not own the Demon slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba IP. That belongs to Koyoharu Gotouge and Ufotable. Some of the events in this story are influenced by both the anime and manga, the "tales of a demon-slayer academy" spin-off and by other fan fictions respectively. 

That being said, I will be putting my own twist on things, specifically character personalities and the timeline. For example Zentisu will still by the comic relief simp of character we all know and love, but he's not a wimp when it comes to his job as a demon slayer (zenitsu will also know all 6 thunder-breathing forms plus his improvised moves). Genya won't rely so heavily on a shotgun (He'll instead use a gun that fires wisteria-laced bullets) an he'll have his own breathing style and a nichirin katana. 

Those are just some of the changes.

Timeline wise, with the exception of Tanjiro and Nezuko's father, the entire Kamado family are still alive. Sanemi and Genya are on good terms, and certain characters WON'T die (Or will they? >:) *evil chuckle*).

The biggest change though will be Kanao herself (i mean, this is a Tanjiro x Kanao fan-fic, that's why you're all here, right?). She'll have a similar-ish back-story to her anime/manga counterpart, except that she IS still  able to display emotions and make desicions (within reason) without flipping a coin. However, unless she's around her sisters or someone she trusts greatly, she'll close herself off. She's become more introverted to say the least. So Kanae gave her the coin to make desicions in social situations (unless she's in demon-slayer mode, as you'll see as the story progesses).

Everyone else will still get some character development.

There will be other character ships too but Kanao and Tanjiro are gonna be the main focus.

I'm mixing the ships up a little too. Most are canon to the demon slayer anime and each ship will be different from the rest.

Obanai x Mitsuri: These two have been dating since high-school. Their relationship will further develope. 
Inosuke x Aoi: These two are borderline dating from the get-go despite still being friends who have a crush on each other. They will eventually start dating.
Sanemi x Kanae: I've seen other people do this ship so I don't see why not add them. They are also already in a strong relationship.
Tengen and his three wives (No idea what I'm gonnaa do with this one).
Zenitsu x Nezuko: This will be a slow-burner that stemmed from a crush. To justify this one I'll be bumping Nezuko's age up by a year because I don't agree with the age gap.
Shinobu x Giyu: No idea how I'm gonna justify this-- please help.
Murata x Ozaki will be added too. My boy don't get enough action.
Sabito x OC.
Genya x OC (Maybe).
Muzan x female OC. This is mostly of comedic effect but it's vital to the main plot.

And there will be a lot of OC X OC ships too. One of which is an LGBTQ+ couple.

I have a special arc planned for Muichiro too. Stay tuned for that.

To fit in with the Kimetsu academy anime, Gyutaro, Daki/Ume, Susamaru and Rui won't be demons, just normal school kids.

But the biggest change made is going to be the breathing styles and what they actually do in combat. I know it's been started many times that in the manga and anime, when someone uses a breathing style they visualise the element they embody, but evidence from the anime kinda contradicts that. (Just look at the battle between Tanjiro and Yahaba, or Muichiro vs Gyokko). So in my KNY au, Demon slayers are actually capable of manifesting the element of the breathing styles by channelling energy from their spiritual core through the Nichirin weapon. 

I'll also be finding a way to scrap/reshape the way the demon-slayer mark works so that it doesn't have a drawback that is fatal/cuts the users lifespan short.

I'm gonna be using several concepts I've seen other Authors put into their own Fan-fic, such as the idea behind "Ronin demon slayers," (I'll tag  the creators of said concepts when credit is due). 

@Timetoread54321 is the person who came with the Ronin concept, laying the groundwork for the story's anti-hero, "The Raven" of Kimetsu city.

I'll also be exploring a few concepts of my own, such as the origins behind the dreaded Blood-demon art and laying the groundwork for the story's main Antagonist, an OC that was created as part of a collaboration my chaotic-best friend pitched to me for her comic book (Possible crossover here, folks!). And I'll be throwing in a few OC's here and there (One of which I might ship with Genya). I'll also be adding a little something into the story that is very similar to "Eagle vision" from Assassin's Creed. There will be a shit-ton of references to memes, movies, TV shows, etc (Heads up, I'm a huge nerd :)).

That being said, I'm open to suggestions, ideas, constructive criticism and new concepts. If you do have any you want to share, feel free to share them in the comment section or in my inbox. just don't be creepy about it. However, if you are a minor, do NOT attempt to get in touch with me though, I will most likely ignore you or block you if necessary.

I'm going to try and keep it as funny as possible, while striking a balance between light-hearted fluff, romantic shenanigans, tear-jerking drama and edge-of-your-seat action, with a side-salad of horror, terrible puns and some sokka-styled dad-jokes.

Now, the main reason I sacrificed my sleep schedule for this. This story is not recommended for young readers. Demon slayer itself is a horror-fantasy series meant for teenagers. This story is NO EXCEPTION. There will be the usual violence, blood and gore, plenty of moderate to strong language and injury detail. There's also going to be the exploration of mature themes that i would not recommend showing to kids or anyone who has a bad history with such themes.

These themes will include mentions of mental health issues, suicide threats, injury detail, abuse (Mental, physical, phycological, ect), the occasional sexual inuendos (Which i will keep to an absolute minimum, don't worry) and mentions of assault. I promise will throw up a trigger warning if a chapter contains any.  

If any reader is under the age of 18, lacks a proper understanding of said themes of finds specific scenes distressing for any reason, I deeply and sincerely apologise in advance. DO NOT SCROLL PAST THIS POINT. And if you for some reason decide to continue reading (or if your parents allow you to read stuff like this if you are under 18) then you've made your choice. I cannot control who reads this story. Any consequences that follow after reading this are solely on you. I am in no way responsible for your actions (this may sound insensitive but it's true).

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

On that note, I'm new to Wattpad and am still unsure of the guidelines for writers, so I won't push my luck. Any Lewd/heavily inappropriate stuff in this story WILL BE KEPT TO A MINIMUM.

Since KNY is based in japan, I will try my absolute hardest to capture the spirit and essence of it. This is where I'll fall short as I'm not entirely familiar with Japan's culture, it's educational system or the language (I only know a few basic words). If i get anything wrong, please forgive me and don' be afraid to point it out, I'm open to learning everything that i can. 

Since I don't have a busy schedule, I should be able to update and work on this project on a bi-weekly basis. That being said, I have an attention span like Muichiro's, so I'll try not to zone out. 

Despite being new to the Demon slayer Fandom, Demon slayer is something i'm passionate about. This is something of a passion project to me and I'm putting as much love and effort as i can into it.

So, I believe that covers everything. sorry for the lack of a cover photo and fan art, i will get it covered soon :)

In the meantime, I'll give you all something to look forward to. Sorry for the long-ass Author's note, and sorry in advance for any spelling or grammar mistakes (I ain't joking when i say i sacrificed my sleep-schedule for this--) I really appreciate it if any of y'all who had the time and patience to read this far down ^^'

Have a great day/night! Peace out!