Chapter 21

3:05 AM

Painful.. My body hurts..I opened my eyes and looked around, I'm in the headquarters lying in one of the treatment rooms. I begin to recall the past happenings, everything that happened was not a dream but a reality. He appeared in front of me out of nowhere and almost killed me, then mocked me and made fun of me in front of my soldiers... I can't blame him, I was pathetic and scared as a wet puppy.

"How are you?" Camile's voice made me lose my train of thought, so I looked at him

"Fine..What happened next..?"

"We lost 40% of the goods, but we managed to keep the rest with the help of Commander Justin's orders."

"The mission failed because of me"

"Don't say that, you defeated Sharon, rescued the hostages, and we managed to transport a considerable amount of goods, and also bravely confronted the Ryukai, even though fear overwhelmed you," he said raising an eyebrow.

"He mocked me.."

"So what? It would not be strange if we celebrated just because we survived our lives in his presence, there is no need to feel embarrassed that you could not face him .Now we have to train to become stronger and then we can face the likes of him."

He continued: "There are actually a lot of questions running through my mind that I would like to ask you about, but let's postpone it for another day, the next meeting the day after tomorrow . I'm tired and I have to go to bed, it's too late. Take care of yourself "

"Okay. "

I reached out to grab my phone and called Maximus, not caring if he was asleep, I just wanted to listen to his voice.

- "Ayrine.."

I felt comfortable just hearing his voice and I couldn't Resist My falling tears and  cried

- "Don't cry, I got news about what happened, how are you now?" 

"I'm okay.. Or maybe I'm not " I said, wiping away  my tears 

"And what could make you feel better even a little in this case?" 

"I don't know.. Maybe if you were by my side at this moment". He laughed a light laugh at what I said and then the sound of the room door opening caught my attention and my eyes widened  when I found him in front of the doorstep with the phone in his hand smiling

"How did you get here?! "

"How rude, do I have to remind you that I was an important member of the organization?" It's not strange that I have access to the headquarters, even if I retired, tststs " he said, complaining

"I liked your surprise."

"Glad for that."

He came forward and hugged me, it was a warm and comforting feeling

"There's no need to feel guilty about it, all you have to do is get ready for the next time okay?"

I nodded in silence and then he said: "You don't plan to go to work the next morning right?" 

" I have to go, I can't be absent in my first days in the hospital, I will receive a reprimand from that arrogant "

"Hmm?" As you wish, but don't overexert yourself. Let's go, then " he suddenly pulled me and wrapped the blanket around me and carried me on his shoulder like a small child

"Hey! You're not going to embarrass me in front of the guards, are you?! I can walk by myself no need to wrap me in this blanket like a worm."

"Stop resisting because you're putting yourself in a more awkward position in front of your guards," he said sarcastically