Chapter Two: Personas and Shadows

After helping Teddie up from the ground, he led the two to where Saki was last seen, as they entered an area that resembled the shopping district in Inaba, but it looked more run-down and closed.

Yosuke: What is this place...? It looks just like the shopping district... What's going on here!?

Teddie: Some weird places have appeared here recently. Things are getting so tangled, I dunno what to do...

Yosuke: Uh... by the way, why are you standing so far from us?

He asked as he noticed that Teddie was a bit further back from them.

Yosuke: ...You better not be planning to high-tail it if something does come up.

Teddie: Of course not! I mean. Uh, I can't stand too close, you know. I'd get in your way...

Yosuke: Hrrrm.... Man, they really went all out on this... But out of all places in town, why'd they replicate this one?

Teddie: How should I know? This is reality for the one who's here.

Yosuke: *sigh* As usual, nothing you say makes any sense... But if this is our shopping district, we're not far from Saki-senpai's...

He said as his eyes widened as he rushed up the destroyed and yellow street to Saki's family store as Yu and Teddie followed right behind him. They reached the top of the street as the brown haired teen paused right outside the store, where the door was supposed to be at, was replaced with an eerie black and red portal.

Yosuke: I knew it...! This is the liquor store that Senpai's parents run. Does this mean... Senpai disappeared here? What could've happened...?

He mumbled as he took one step towards the liquor store, but stopped when Teddie let out a loud, sudden gasp as he smelled something coming.

Teddie: W-Wait a second. Th-They're here!

Yosuke: What?

Teddie: ...Shadows. I had a feeling they were going to attack...!

He said in fear before they heard a loud roar coming from inside the store. And after the roar was heard, weird black goopy-like monsters crawled right out of the portal as the bodies splat on the ground before reforming. Seeing the weird monsters appear right before them, caused Yosuke to back up and fall onto his rear as that signaled them to attack. As the monsters charged their entire forms changed from a goopy mass to resemble circular mouths that had no eyes and the only thing it had were long, wet tongs.

Seeing the new form of the monsters, caused Yu to step forward a bit before he felt a terrible pain inside his head, making him clutch his head as a voice similar to his own spoke to him.

I am thou...
Thou art I... The time has come. Open thine eyes and call forth what is within!

The voice shouted as he opened his eyes to notice a strange looking card in the palm of his left hand as that confused Teddie. He then flipped the card from its back to a blank front before a bright light burst from it and seeing this made him smile as words unknown to anyone played in his head as he spoke them out.

Yu: Per...so...na...

Once he chanted those words, a figure appeared in the blank space that made him smile more as the card was engulfed into bright light blue flames before he crushed the card in his hand. The light blue flame grew in his closed hand as the power and pain of it was so intense, causing him to yell in pain as the fire grew large right behind him, as a figure appeared right behind him, as it floated. The figure behind him had a long black jacket with multiple buckles as its head was resumbed as a helmet that had a long white bandana tied to the back of it and in its clawed hand was a longsword.