Text her!

Y/N's pov

I've wanted to talk to Melanie for a while now. It's been so long since I've talked to my dear Mel, and I've been thirsty for her for days. After watching a video of explaining the whole allegation against Melanie, I believed Mel more then Timothy. I miss her so much, i just want to be her friend again, for a moment or two. So I decide to text her.
I've had a history of having anxiety when it comes to friendship problems.
I tremble as I take my phone out of my pocket and I look carefully at my phone, unlock it and look at her number. I press unblock and start writing.

YOU: Hey Melli, remember me?? Look I'm very very sorry I left you, and I would do anything to stop my past self from doing that. I've missed you so much.. i didn't believe you were innocent, and I regret that I didn't believe you. I just want to be your friend again, please? It's alr if you don't forgive me, Mel.

I look at my text and I carefully press send. My heart is beating really harshly and my breathing was bad so I looked at the ground instead of my phone to calm down. As I do this I feel a beep coming from my phone. I check it, it's Melanie answering me, I look terrified as I try to read while saying "it's fine, it's fine".

Melanie: I forgive you. Although my heart was basically twisted, I understand how you believe Timothy faster then you would've believed me. Anyone with a heart would've choose to believe the victim in their story when it comes to these topics, so I forgive you. But it'll take time for me to loose all my hurt that has built inside me. I've missed you so much too.. that's part of the reason why i forgive you..!

I take a deep breathe and I smile a little feeling better.

YOU: you don't know how happy I am hearing you forgive me! I love you sm 💗

Melanie: this is why it's so easy to forgive you!! But since we both missed each other a lot, maybe we can go get ice cream together like we did years ago??

My eyes lit up.

YOU: ofc Melli!! Tonight..?
I smile widely thinking of the memory's where we would go out before midnight and eat ice cream while talking in the night. It felt so fun and  nice. I remember how much we gossiped when we were teenagers.

Melanie: yess! We'll meet 11 pm.. alr??

YOU: okay Melli! I'll see youu 🤍

I take my phone down and I sigh feeling a wave of relief. I take a nap because I feel tired. I hope I won't wake up late.

Tonight~
I woke up in my bed and I see that I have 30 minutes, so I take on some suitable clothes. A t shirt that says "peaceful heart" in the middle of it with little text. And some jeans which I would call ugly but I have no time to find anything else so I quickly just put everything on. I spray perfume on and I take my shoes on, quickly walking out of the door and locking it.

I wait outside for Mel to show up with her car and I finally see her come closer. I get my twisted stomach again thinking that I'm gonna see my best friend again. I get ready standing there, and she says..
"Come in, Y/N!"
I smile deeply and say
"coming in !"
I sit in the car, and Mel says
"Is that perfume?" She said giggling a little
"Maybe, maybe not. Let's just get our ice cream melli!!"
She laughed and nod as she starts the car and drives to our favourite ice cream place. I kept thinking of our memory's, how wonderful it was..

We come there finally and I smile warmly looking at the small shop.
"Let's go in!" Melanie said enthusiastically, obviously exited for this.
I literally get dragged in the shop, and we order the same ice cream, cookie dough ice cream..
"Hey uh, aren't y'all the two girls who was here like almost 3 times a month a few years ago? Y'all are really familiar.."
The person who listens to our orders says, and I just say
"Yea we kinda are, uh when is that cookie dough ice cream gonna be done by the way?"
Mel looked at me and giggled a little. I shoved her playfully, no one disrespects my love for cookie dough ice cream, I mean come on.
"Oh yea here's your ice cream ladies, have a safe night!"
"Mhm you too!" Melanie said kindly while holding her ice cream and licking it while I'm demolishing it cause come on!

We both are out side now and Mel says
"Come I want to go somewhere, I think you'll recognise it!"
Melanie then take my hand in hers and starts dragging me to the middle of the forest and the city, it's kinda like a little park. Of course, no one's there. So it's just me and Melanie. We sit down behind a tree and she starts talking.
"Soo do you remember this place yet? If you don't I-" I hushed her with my finger and said..
"It's okay Mel I definitely remember this, we always came here back when we were teenagers.."
She smiled and nodded quickly, she says
"I remember this time where this couple in our high school broke up and we literally cried together here, or should I say sobbed? All I know is that we were really emotional." She said, smiling a little and kinda day dreaming of how it looked like.
"Oh yea! Those two were so cute together.. I think it was Diana and Evan right? I hope their still in touch.." I laugh a little at the memory.

Melanie smiled but it faded after a few seconds, getting more of a serious look.
"Did you.. actually miss me and everything with me?" She asked, her eyes were full of doubt.
"Mel.. of course I missed you, everything with you. You are so magical to me, you always are so kind and loving and.. I just can't bare a world without you. You're part of the reason why I'm still here! Okay?" I say, looking deeply at her eyes.
She smiled at me with love. "You're so perfect" she whispered, quiet enough for me to not hear.
"You know, when Verde broke up with me I was really devastated.. I couldn't tell you word for word what happened, hug you while crying, or even text you... I thought it was the end of the world or something.. but you came back, and I'm so, so happy you came back.. for me!..
Before I could react, she pulled in for a hug, she hugged me tightly and of course I hugged back. Wishing this hug can last forever.

"Wait, how did the brake up happen between you and Verde?" I ask, curiously.
"Well.,"
She pulled back from the hug,
"He found someone else basically. To be exact he was really out of the ordinary weird, but I brushed of it. He even was on his phone like all the time texting someone obviously, and after a while he told me he found another lady." She said with both sadness and happiness in her eyes cause she's happy he left but also not..
"I'm so sorry Melli.. idk what's wrong with him for just doing that to you.." I say, feeling genuinely sad for Melanie.
"It's alright, he's over my mind now, I've got you."
My stomach got butterflies, as I smile widely, and looking down. Feeling a little flustered.

After a while of having conversations with different topics, we get really tired and Melanie says
"Y/N, maybe we should go back to the car.. I'm really sleepy and I think it's already 2 am! Let's go..!" Melanie says trying to get enough energy to say that.
"Okay Melli" I say feeling just as tired, going after Mel to where her car was.
We walk all the way to her car and we go in, there was just silence the whole way cause of how exhausted we were. She drives to our homes, first to mine and then she drove alone home.
I fall back at my bed and fall asleep.

That's all for this chapter! This is just one chapter, so don't worry there's gonna be way more I'm gonna make (well hopefully).
I'm so so sorry if this was dry or bad, it glitched and I couldn't save this WHOLE chapter so I needed to re-write the thing again, it was painful. Okay bye see you guys soon!!<33 (no one's probably gonna read this but eh)