Chapter 12: Compatible Companion

    The white envelope was sealed with a psychic imprint, which only he could open.
    Apart from this, there was no signature.
    Although it was from the Empire's main star, such a letter without even an official mark was unlikely to be official correspondence.
    Shen Tingyu thanked the messenger, waited for them to leave, then locked the door and slowly opened the letter.

    The content was not long, but it left him silent.
    Even the habitual faint smile in his eyes disappeared in an instant, turning into dead stillness.
    He leaned against the desk, staring motionlessly at the words for a long time, before opening his communicator to contact someone.

    The call was quickly answered, and a woman's voice, full of urgency, came from the other end: "Shen Tingyu, you finally saw the letter I sent you!"
    "If it wasn't for my whim yesterday to intercept the final data prepared for the Empire's central system by the S-M system, your high-compatibility match result would have been discovered by the royal family!"

    Shen Tingyu's voice was deep and calm: "Impossible, there must be a problem with the data results."
    After a pause, the person on the other end replied, "Although I am also shocked that there exists a soul in this world so highly compatible with yours, you should know that your physical examination was done under my supervision, and I personally extracted your soul information sample."

    Shen Tingyu didn't respond.

    The person continued, "I personally delivered this batch of samples to the Silver Dragon United Hospital. Besides me, there are only four or five people in the entire Empire who have the technical know-how to swap the chip data in these samples."

"Those few have no vested interest in you, and if they had wanted to make a change, they would have done so years ago when the Empire was most wary of you."
    Speaking, she muttered under her breath, "Besides, if they wanted to match you with a fake partner, they would choose someone compliant and easy to control, right? Xu Qingran's reputation recently... he definitely wouldn't be considered by the Empire..."

    Shen Tingyu, clutching the letter, fell silent again.
    Indeed, why Xu Qingran of all people?
    Had he known, he would have thrown him directly into the arena of Tower 2.
    "You know they are not concerned about the authenticity of the data, but about finding someone who can bind a soul contract with you, to control you. If this 99% compatibility result gets published, you won't have any time to prepare. The Empire will immediately force you into marriage and bind the contract."

    Shen Tingyu still insisted, "Impossible."
    "It's impossible for me to have a suitable soul mate."
    The woman on the other end asked, "I know all the matches you've had over the years didn't even reach 10% compatibility, but... can you be so sure that you won't meet one in this lifetime?"

    Shen Tingyu's expression darkened slightly, and after a long pause, he replied, "I know my own affairs best."
    The person on the other end of the communication didn't continue to persuade, only saying, "Even if you insist the data is incorrect, both of you recently underwent physical examinations. A new extraction of soul information will take at least another year. In this one year, the Empire could make you two as close as can be."

    "So what do you plan to do?"
    Shen Tingyu lowered his gaze, deep in thought.
    Then he said, "First, transfer him to Tianyi's care."
    After a few seconds of silence, an incredulous exclamation came from the other end, "Tianyi? Your little nephew?"