40. Final Chapter/Epilogue

"Are you awake?"

  "Yeah just give me a second."

"You said the same thing like 10 minutes ago Sasuke-kun. We have a busy day ahead of us."

  "I know, I know I'm up now. I'm just tired." Sasuke sat up, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. Sakura leaned down and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

  "I'm off to the bathroom now, are you interested in joining or do you want to wait?" Sakura flashed a sultry smile.

  "You insatiable woman."

  In a moment Sasuke had risen from their rumpled mattress, and held Sakura's hands above her head pinning her to the wall. A predator like smile plastered on his face.

  "At this rate we may end up making another baby." Sakura chuckled, and wriggled her hands out of Sasuke's hold, then gently loosened the towel she had wrapped around her.

*_*_*_*_*

   Sasuke put the last of their bags into the car's trunk, and locked it. Sakura made sure that all the doors to the house were locked, and everything was in place.

  The building was a vacation home that belonged to the Uchiha family. It was far from the city, and was rarely used. Sasuke and Sakura decided to take a break from their respective jobs and spend a week there for their 6th anniversary. It was a chance for them to let go and have fun without being disturbed.

  "We're quite behind schedule." Sakura said.

  Sasuke shrugged. "We'll get there when we get there."

  "My baby probably misses me right now." Sakura sighed.

"It was just a week she'll live, and it's only a two hour drive we'll see them soon ok."

"Fine." Sakura said while pouting, and Sasuke couldn't help but laugh.

  "You're too cute."

  Their drive back was long, but enjoyable. Sakura had offered several times to take the wheels, but Sasuke declined every time, and told her to just relax.

   By the time they got to the Uchiha mansion, the sun was already setting.

   As soon as the car settled in the parking lot, a small child opened the mansion's main doors and ran out.

  "Mummy!!!!"

Sakura opened her arms and caught the child, enveloping her in a hug.

  "My baby, I missed you so much." Sakura said as she pressed kisses all over the child's face.

   "Not jealous, I'm absolutely not jealous at all."
  Sasuke was still unloading their luggage from the trunk.

  "Sara-chan your daddy is over there."

   Sarada ran to hug her father too with a big smile on her face. She reached into her pocket and presented Sasuke with a big red juicy tomato.

  "And he still thinks he's not the favorite." Sakura laughed

  The small family went inside, Mikoto and Fugaku welcomed them happily. They had already prepared dinner, and set the table.
  It took a lot of persuading and bribing to get Sarada to leave Sasuke's arms so that he and Sakura could go change and have dinner.

*_*_*_*_*

     As they ate, they discussed the preparations for the annual Christmas gathering. Ever since Sasuke found his parents, the whole gang would gather every Christmas at the same garden where the welcome party was held to celebrate.

   "It's tomorrow, everything is already set, your father helped a lot." Fugaku said to Sakura.
   "He's had way too much free time ever since you took over the company."

  Sakura giggled at the remark.

   A cool and lively atmosphere filled the room as they finished dinner. Sarada didn't fail to remind her parents and grandparents that her fifth birthday was only a few months away.

*_*_*_*_*

   The next day everyone started showing up at the garden one by one. The decorations were lavish, and there were all kinds of refreshments. The Uchiha family were the first to show up, Karin and Suigetsu followed suit. Despite all their differences, and constant bickering, they made a very cute couple. They didn't have kids of their own because Karin didn't want to give birth, but they had adopted two beautiful girls who had been among the children that were rescued from Orochimaru.

    Karin and Suigetsu officially became members of the mafia. Karin was happy to be in a place where she could use her skills as much as she liked, and Suigetsu just enjoyed being around her.

   Ino got married to Shikamaru, and made him leave everything mafia related when she got pregnant. They had a beautiful boy who was two years older than Sarada.

  Hinata had gone to nursing school to become a registered nurse, and Naruto did the same. It was safe to say he was very much obsessed with her. They were completely enamored with each other. They were also the last to get married in the group because they simply didn't see the need for it, they were in love with each other, and that was enough for them. Until other nurses and doctors even patients started hitting on Hinata, and Naruto decided it was time to put a ring on her finger. Hinata was currently pregnant with their first child.

   The Christmas party was in full swing, the children ran around happily, tasting one dessert or the other, and opening presents. The adults took the time to catch up with each other. Adult life with jobs and responsibilities sometimes put them apart for long periods of time, but every year unfailingly they would all meet up to spend Christmas together.

   Sasuke sat on the lush grass and rested against a tree. Sakura made herself comfortable on his lap with her back on his chest. They were under a tree, the exact same place they had shared their first kiss ten years ago.

   Sasuke had become a police officer. His past buried never to surface again, he felt indebted to all those who had brought light into his life. And to atone for the sins he had committed, for the lives that came to an end at his hands he swore never to kill again. Becoming an enforcer of the law.

   Sasuke also had aspirations of opening an orphanage. He wanted to create a place where young children like he once was would be loved and cared for.

  "What are you thinking about?" Sakura asked.

   "How lucky I am to have you in my life."

  "You've become such a sweet talker."

  "Only for you."

   They remained seated in pure bliss under the tree, eyes closed in each other's embrace as they enjoyed nature's serene tranquillity.