Chapter 24 and Paralogue: Byleth

Day 3 of the Red Wolf Moon (November):

Golden Deer Classroom:

Y/N's POV:

I'm in the Golden Deer the day after I summoned the Goddess herself. Sothis, who for some reason appeared as a child. Constance is sitting next to Hapi at the desk to the right of mine. Lysithea is sitting in between me and Raphael. I look at my palm that holds the Crest of Flames, the gift the Goddess gave me.

Y/N's Mind: What does this thing even do? I know the Goddess said that it was a gift for summoning her. But still. Does it do anything?

Lysithea notices this and turns to me.

Lysithea: What's up with you, Y/N? You've been staring at your hand so intently since this morning.

I turn to her and give her a reassuring smile.

Y/N: It's nothing, Lysithea. Just... trying to figure things out. That's all.

Lysithea: (unconvinced) Hm...

Raphael looks over.

Raphael: I'll bet he's just hungry. He didn't eat a lot of meat at breakfast this morning. So, it's probably affecting his health.

Lysithea turns to Raphael.

Lysithea: (pouts) I doubt meat has anything to do with his hand. Are you sure YOU'RE not hungry, Raphael?

Raphael: (smiles) Ha! I never said I wasn't. I'm starving!

Lysithea: (pouts) But you're always like that! You're trying to be a knight. Don't you think of anything other than food?!

Raphael nods.

Raphael: (smiles) I do. I think about training and eating. (gasps) What about training WHILE eating?! I gotta try that later today!

Lysithea: (annoyed) Ugh! You are impossible!

She turns to me.

Lysithea: (irritated) Y/N. Can you PLEASE tell Raphael that being a knight takes a lot more than just strength or a full stomach?

Y/N: ...

Lysithea: (irritated) Y/N!

Snap!

I snap out of my thoughts and look to Lysithea and Raphael.

Y/N: (taken aback) S-Sorry. What was the question?

Just as she's about to respond, the doors open, and in comes Professor Byleth. She approaches the front desk and turns to us.

Byleth: Okay, class. Before we get started, we have a few new students joining our class.

She turns to the doorway.

Byleth: Come in, you three.

The people who enter are three people from the Black Eagles. They approach the front desk and turn to us. Although, one of them is hiding behind the other two.

Byleth: Why don't you introduce yourselves?

Two of them bows.

Linhardt: (yawns) Linhardt Von Hevring. Nice to meet you...

Dorothea: (smiles) Dorothea Arnault. (winks) Treat us well, okay?

They both step aside and we see...