Chapter 29

Day 16 of the Ethereal Moon (December):

Reception Hall:

Y/N's POV:

I'm in the Reception Hall with my class and the other houses. I look around to see that all of the houses are clumped together, but still separated by house. On the left, we see the Blue Lions... or what's left of them... And on the right, we see the Black Eagles... or what's left of them. My house, the Golden Deer, is in the center. In the front, we see a stage and some spotlights, with a band on the upper levels. I turn to Claude.

Y/N: Hey, Claude. What's going on?

He turns to me.

Claude: Today's the White Heron Cup challenge. Don't tell me you forgot.

Y/N: Oh yeah, I forgot all about that. (curious) I wonder who Professor Byleth chose as our representative. Do you know?

He shakes his head.

Claude: Wish I knew. But from what Teach said-

???: Ahem!

Claude's words are cut off as we hear the voice of one of the judges. Which happens to be...

Alois: Ladies and gentlemen! My sincerest apologies for the wait!

Everyone quiets down and turns to Alois and the other judges.

Alois: Thank you for gathering here on the eve of the highly anticipated ball to bear witness to...

He raises his fist in excitement.

Alois: (excited) The academy-wide competition! Welcome to the White Heron Cup!

Everyone: (cheers) WOOOOOOOOOHHHH!

Everyone in the room cheers and claps.

Alois: The competition will be judged by... me! Your humble servant, Alois Rangeld! And also...

He gestures to his fellow judges.

Alois: The acclaimed former songstress of the Mittelfrank Opera Company, Manuela Casagranda!

Everyone (mainly Dorothea and a lot of the male students) claps and cheers for Professor Manuela.

Manuela: (excited) Yes, yes, thank you.

Y/N's Mind: Doesn't she lead the Black Eagles?

Manuela: Oh, and it should go without saying, but I swear to show no bias to my own house. Got it? Good.

Alois gestures to the other judge.

Alois: Last but not least, the glamorous assassin who does all of her dancing in the dead of night... Shamir Nevrand!

Everyone claps and cheers for Shamir.

Shamir: Hmph. Why am I here...?

Alois turns to the rest of us.

Alois: The three of us swear on our honor to judge the following proceedings with utmost impartiality and fairness! (shouts) And with that, will the representatives of each house please make their way to the stage?

Alois takes out a sheet of paper with the names of the representatives.

Alois: (shouts) From the Blue Lions! Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd!