Untitled Part 4

Ink was currently taking a break. He sort of left after we got past the fun part and started on the more boring part. I was teaching him coding and how to patch and process different codes. I didn't know what to do. So I just went to the kitchen and started working on the universe from there. I cleaned myself up beforehand, of course. It wouldn't look good for my sci-fi look if the circuit board lines on my jacket were covered in paint.

So, I was just standing in the kitchen looking blankly into the codes when a Sans approached me. A quick check revealed him as Horrortale!Sans. He was staring, clutching at the hole on his skull. Before he asked a question.

"I need to get out of here... I have others I need to take care of."

I blinked, and looked at him. "Oh? Horrortale Sans right?"

He nodded, but he was confused. "Yes... but how do you know who I am?"

"I checked you." I replied with a shrug.

"I didn't feel anything?" He was deeply confused.

I stretched, finally moving again. "I checked your codes, not you individually. So, you can't leave. But why don't you tell me what you're worried about?"

He shuffled about. "My brother, he is home alone, and there isn't enough food stockpiled for an entire year. If I can't do something he will starve."

His voice came out in a crying tone. He was deathly worried. Hmm, I suppose I can put those fears aside. "Only a second will pass."

He focused on me, eyelights out.

I explained, "I've set the Undertale universe's time scaling on a multiple. Meaning by the time the year is past, only a second will have passed outside of it. As long as your brother has enough food for a few seconds, he should be fine."

He breathed out. "When did you do this?"

"The moment you guys arrived I synced the Creatosphere and Undertales time and accelerated it. I'm slowing it down when the Quarantine files are finished." I said with a shrug. Then I pulled up my notes. "According to my notes, everyone had some sort of duties in their universe, and they were all very vocal about it. That is when I started the acceleration."

He started walking out, stopping at the doorway. "Thank you." He then walked out.

Papyrus entered right after he left, and approached me. "I'M SORRY FOR MY BEHAVIOR TODAY, I DON'T REALLY HAVE A APOLOGY GIFT RIGHT NOW, BUT I CAN OFFER A HUG."

"Huh... Hell no!"

"LANGUAGE!"

"This is way too mushy for my tastes, I'm getting the hell out of here." I jumped back into the Creatosphere, if I stay there I'm likely going to get a ton of apologies, people talking to me, and most terrifyingly! Social Conversation! I'm able to just barely handle Ink, and maybe Error, I don't really remember what happened when I was hanging with Error, but I wouldn't have him in my notes if he wasn't my friend. Meaning I must be able to tolerate him. Regardless, I've spent centuries alone and watching things. I am not going to get dragged into socializing. I've already said more words in the past few days than I've said in years.

Ah. the peace and quiet of the Creatosphere... I missed you.

""̶̰͌Ý̷̝o̷͠ͅű̴̧ ̶͎̄a̸̰̕r̸̢̕ê̵̳ ̴͚̿s̴̼̅ù̴̧r̵̡̾p̴͙̈r̴̦͠i̶̥̐s̵̗͆i̶̙̓n̴̫̓ḡ̵͉l̶͉͘y̷͚͒ ̵̬̒ń̸̮ḯ̴͙c̵̨̋ê̸̦ ̵͙̈́C̶̯̔o̷͎̍d̵̬̀e̸͆ͅr̷̼͝.̶̱̔" [You are surprisingly nice Coder.]

I blinked, I was just finishing fixing another timeline that got dangerously close to overwriting the main universe again. Error is here. I think. "Error... right?"

He nodded, ""̸͓̀H̸̞͒e̷͖̅á̴͎r̶̻̔d̴̨̈ ̸̪̿o̸̫͒f̸̟̈́ ̸̥̈́w̶̰͐h̵̖́a̷͈͠t̸̡̚ ̷̻̀y̶͎̋o̵̙̓u̴͇͑ ̶̛̰d̸̲͝ị̸̐ḓ̷̑,̸̙̎ ̸̟͛t̶͓̕h̸̙͝e̵̖͑ ̶̻̿o̴̞͝t̴͈̍h̷̪͆e̴̼͑r̵̥̿s̶̥͝ ̵̗̔a̷̺͊p̵̣͗p̶̗̾r̷͔̓ě̵̟c̴̝͒i̶̡̔ä̸͕́t̷͉͐e̵̹͂ ̸̯͒ȉ̷͖t̴͉͊.̷̼̆" [Heard of what you did, the others appreciate it.]

I snorted. I couldn't help it. "Everyone believes I'm a nice guy now huh. Fascinating."

"Ẅ̵́ͅẖ̵͘à̶̱t̷̋ͅ ̴̲̎d̷̺͘ơ̵͖ ̸̣̍y̸͙̽ö̸͇́u̴̻͛ ̶͉͂m̵̨̅e̷͈̋a̶̟͘n̶̟͌?̵̘̀" [What do you mean?]

"I'm not a good guy Error." I say, sitting down on a chair I made. "I'm not even close."

I felt Error check me. I didn't stop it.

[Coder]

[LV: ∞]

[ATK: ∞]

[DEF: ∞]

[Is currently contemplating their past.]

I felt Error focus on the LV. "W̸̠̅h̵͉͗ÿ̴̢́ ̶̱̒i̶̛̬s̸̮͠ ̴̢̄y̸̗̓o̷͉͠u̵̱̿r̶̪̋ ̷͎̇L̸̟͝V̵͖̈́ ̷̥́s̴̟̔o̸̻̔ ̴̰̍h̶̭́i̷͔̎g̷̽͜h̶̘̄?̶͋ͅ" [Why is your LV so high?]

"I'm not like Ink. Sure, I create universes. But I can't do it instinctively. I had to learn."

He froze. I think he is beginning to understand.

I took a step, and the carpet disappeared. Revealing thousands upon thousands of scattered pages. All with different versions of UNDERTALE. "It took a long time to get to the point where I perfected this universe. Sometimes they collapsed on their own. Other times I had to erase them."

I laughed, "Sometimes the inhabitants realized what was going to happen, and they fought back. But, I'm not the type to get easily overpowered." After a certain point, your LoVe starts to get so high that it either glitches out, or turns into an infinity symbol. "I hold no compassion for those mortals currently visiting Undertale Error. I'll outlive all of them, and form attachments... it's a pointless endeavor. It only hurts you in the long run. So, Error. What will you do when you outlive your friends? At some point, the resets will bug out, or just stop. After that, they will be gone."

I felt a portal form, and Error left. In the corner of my eye I saw him crying. I wonder if they ever acknowledged the frailty of mortal beings. I suppose not. They would have to acknowledge it eventually... I miss Gaster. He hated me before I had to erase him. But he was a really good friend.