5

I was working with Ink, teaching him how tell if something goes wrong in a universe that would cause it to crash or otherwise.

"Coder?"

I looked at Ink, away from the blackboard I was using to draw out code. "What's wrong Ink?"

"I was curious... how did you lose your soul?"

I blanked for a moment. "You first."

He sighed, scratching at his head. "I don't remember all of it. But I think I lost mine when I was traveling the void."

Crap, he actually answered. That means socially I have to respond. Fine. "I accidentally shattered mine."

He jumped up. Focused completely on me. "HOW!?!"

Story time then. "Well. I can't remember exactly, but I can share what I have written on my notes. I shattered my soul in an attempt to use it to complete Undertale. It didn't work. It took a long time to get the universe to the point it was functional, I thought I could maybe accelerate the process. Via my soul, put my being into the creation I suppose."

"I see. Coder... do you think I'll ever find my soul again?"

I shrugged. "Possibly. You never actually know. Could turn up one day. Hmm... how about we call it a day for now. A couple of the Sans are searching for me after my talk with Error."

"Huh?"

"See ya!" I hopped through a portal back to the Creatosphere.

---

Ink looked at the door that was flung open by Nightmare, "Where is that damn Creator!"

Ink tilted his head, confused. "Why are you looking for Coder?"

"He made Error cry!" Nightmare was angry.

"Oh. He just left." Ink said, shrugging.

Nightmare shook his head angrily... before focusing on Ink. "Coder made Error cry once... you however, you have a lot to answer for."

Ink sat up, and looked at Nightmare. Then smiled, "Maybe. But you can't punish me for it."

Coders arrogance had rubbed off Ink.

Nightmare was confused, normally Ink would be terrified, after all. He had no one on his side anymore. "Heh, built up a bit of courage have you Creator?"

Ink smiled. "Coder's been teaching me things. I'm pretty confident if we fought now..." Ink placed his hand the stool, and it was turned into ink and absorbed into his body. "I would win."

The two were at a stand off. Ink was ready for if Nightmare made a move or not.

Nightmare snorted. "We will settle this after we get out of this universe." Before stomping off, slamming the door to the shed behind them.

Ink let out the breath they were holding. Emulating Coder was something they learned after Dust tried to hurt them last time. It was a highly effective deterrent. Ink looked at his scarf. On it were the words, "There is a balance of Creation and Destruction." He couldn't cry, but he really wanted to drink some blue paint whenever he looked at those words. Because of what it represented. He shook his skull. Focusing on the here and now. He had to regain his friends... somehow. Coder isn't much help on that front, as he has little to no social skills. The problem was, he didn't know how to get them to forgive him. He originally made AU's to understand how each color worked, and how it affected others. 

Black and White were the main colors of Horrortale, Red and Black were the main colors of Underfell, Red and Purple were the colors of Fellswap, White and Purple were the colors of XTale, Blue and Yellow was for Underswap, and Purple and Yellow was for Undertale. Of course there were supporting colors added, you couldn't make universes just out of a single tone. But it allowed him to understand each emotion better. Heh, no one would forgive him if they learned the only reason he made the originals was so he could understand how his paints worked. So, he will keep it to himself, for now.