Chapter 7: Rekindling An Old Friendship

While this was going on, Rika couldn't find Gohan everywhere. She figured there was no trace of Gohan, probably he quickly vanished after what happened today. Rika quickly sneaks back to Videl's house and into Videl's room. She flipped a lever that was hidden behind a portrait of a button behind a portrait of herself, revealing a hidden bunker filled with advanced technology and weaponry.

"If I don't find them, then I know the way to find these fools," Rika told her. She was about to press the red button that was located in the center of her bunker to track down Gohan and then track down Piccolo.

"At long last, my mission will be complete," Rika said before she could laugh like a maniac. However, before she can, Makoto interrupts her

"Hey, Rika!" Makoto greeted her and finally found her where she was.

"Gah!" Rika flinched as she turned to face her, looking so reckless. "Mako, wh-what are you doing here?"

"I came here to find you. By the way, what is this place?" Makoto said, coming into Rika's secret base and looking around.

"You really shouldn't be here, Mako," Rika warned her, didn't want her to find out about her secret.

"Is this one of your secret hideouts in Videl's room?" Makoto raised a question.

"Psst, no!" She then attempted to convince Makoto the room was merely a laundry room and also a maid to the Satan Family.

Makoto gave her a confused look. "Okay..." Then she looked over and saw the red button. "Hey, what does this button do?"

"No!" Rika screamed. When Makoto attempted to press the red button that was located in the center of Rika's bunker, the latter punched her in the face in order to stop her.

When Makoto collapsed to the ground, she started to shed a tear, saying, "My face..."

Rika grabbed Makoto in the back of her ponytail and pulled her up before she could beat the shit out of her. When she could let out her anger, she was interrupted again by Piccolo who just saved her.

"Stop!" Piccolo roared when he quickly tackled her and punched her in the face. After that, the two face to face with each other while glaring. Rika was being pinned down against the wall.

"So we meet again, Big Green," Rika said with an evil smirk.

"What did you do to Jupiter!?" Piccolo roared in anger, demanding her to answer his question. He eventually grips the collar of the red hoodie that she had already changed after the party was over.

"Oh, I haven't done anything to her... yet." Rika chuckled.

Piccolo gritted his teeth sharply when he was about to give her black and blue, he was stopped by Makoto.

"Piccolo, stop! It was a misunderstanding!" Makoto shouted, pulling his strong arm from Rika's face.

"What are you talking about, Jupiter? She hurt you!" Piccolo said.

"What she was trying to say, Big Green, was that we used to wrestle with each other a lot since middle school," Rika convinced him.

Piccolo gave the two girls an awkward look as he sweatdropped. "Wh-What?"

"Yeah, and we always beat up with each other," Makoto said, rubbing the back of her head.

Piccolo gave them an annoying look. "You're joking, right?"

With that, Rika managed to free herself from Piccolo's grip and approached Makoto putting an arm around her shoulders.

"Wow! What a mess! Ha... Hey, Makoto, what do you say if we get some ice cream?" Rika quickly offered to take her and went to the kitchen to eat ice cream. Makoto started to get suspicious of Rika's true motives on why she came back.

As for Piccolo, he was still angry at Rika for what she did. He wouldn't let everything happen to his friends.

***

"Um, Rika, why are we still in Videl's house getting ice cream? Don't you know what happened today?" Makoto asked, bringing the bowl of ice cream for herself after Rika had got it herself.

"Oh, gosh, no. I didn't know what happened." Rika said, pretending to be that innocent, "I was too busy hanging around. What happened, by the way?"

Makoto looked down at the bowl of ice cream and began explaining to her, "Well, we all found out Videl had cheated on Gohan with Sharpner. And we weren't too happy about that."

"Oh... I see. And what about Gohan? Where did he go after he left?" Rika asked Makoto.

"Well--" It was then Makoto was interrupted by Piccolo who put his large hand in her mouth, keeping her mouth shut.

"Hey, what the hell, man!?" Rika snapped.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I believe Gohan went home," Piccolo told her.

Rika became impatient while facing him. "Home? Where is Gohan's home?"

He gazed at the devil's eyes she had. "I'm afraid I won't tell you where he is."

Rika narrowed her eyes. "Oh, really? It seems like you were hiding him from me. How very defensive of you, Green Man."

"It's Piccolo. And you should know who I really am, Rika." Piccolo growled at her, having enough of the games she was playing.

Rika rolled her eyes, folding her arms together.

Then Makoto yanked his bare hand and interrupted their argument. "Okay, you guys. It seems like you two are having trouble. Why don't you guys just enjoy the party and light up your souls?"

"Thank you, but I'll pass. I will wait for you outside, Mako, once you're done dealing with her." Piccolo said before storming off.

"Out in the cold weather?" Makoto asked, shocked.

"Cold doesn't bother me." With that, Piccolo left the house, leaving Makoto alone with Rika.

"It looks like it's just you and me again," Rika said, smiling.

"Yep. Just us." Makoto replied, chuckling. Then she began to face her wanting to know Rika's reason to return. "Rika, I've been meaning to ask you something, but why did you come back to see me I know it's been a long time since we last saw each other as kids."

Rika froze a bit before looking away. "Well... I only came back to rekindle our old friendship. And there is something I would love to give it to you."

"What is it?" Makoto asked, wanting to know what is it.

"This." Then Rika pulled out the box and opened it to reveal a wrist bracelet that had a sign of Jupiter, also name chains.

Makoto gasped while looking at the bracelet. "Thank you, Rika, but I can't accept this."

Rika took the bracelet out of the box, and placed it on her wrist, "Of course, you can't accept this gift, nothing is too much for my best friend. Besides, I had it especially made so it can't be returned."

Makoto admired the bracelet, then hugged Rika again, "Thank you, Rika."

Then Rika leaned in and placed her fingers on Makoto's chin and then kissed her on the left cheek, which surprised Makoto. "You're welcome, Makoto," she whispered, blushing softly.

Makoto blushed heavily as she never expected to be kissed by Rika. What was the thinking? She was just an old best friend of hers! She barely knew her!

"Uh... Rika, did you just...?" Makoto tried to finish her sentence, but Rika pretended to have received a phone call, using a banana as a fake phone.

"I'm sorry, I had to go, Mako. I will see you around maybe tomorrow Christmas." Then Rika took off running away.

She seems acting very suspiciously... I know she just kissed and acted like she was into me... But what if Piccolo and the others were right about it? Makoto thought. What were they trying to tell me?