5

Ophelia : 

When she finished the conversation with Damien, Ophelia headed to the teacher's room. There, she begun preparing herself to go home when she saw Mr. Smith, a teacher of Spanish. He put his cup of coffee on the table and fixed her with his emerald eyes.

Mr. Smith : Are you heading home Miss Brown?

Ophelia : yes I am. Do you need something Mr.?

He regarded her long enough to make the hair on her neck rise from the coldness that's in his gaze. He stood and finally spoke.

Mr. Smith : Miss Brown, I just wanted to ask you... Were you born here? or.. in France?

He was questioning her, with a hint of suspicion in his tone. Her hands became sweaty as she remembered everything. She managed to calm herself despite all the struggle to do so.

After all of these years, I am still suspicious to there eyes....Ophelia said to herself. There is always something wrong with me.. Always something doubtful about me... Always that wary in their eyes... I just want to move on! I ... I just want to start a new life and forget the past behind me... but... there are always.. always people to remind you of it.

Ophelia : I was born there but since my father is British, I've got two nationalities. That's why I flew here and started teaching English Literature...

Smith didn't look relieved by her response. Instead; his worry changed into pure disgust. He literally eyed her from head to toe then turned around and headed back to his place. And as he sat, took his newspaper and begun reading, never taking his eyes from it, he said with a disgusted tone: We don't like strangers here.. if I were you, I would be ashamed and just hide myself somewhere on earth.

She didn't expect... not a single bit.... but... she's got used to that same talk... every fucking second of her detestable life...

Ophelia didn't know what to say.. to protect herself from this indirect insult.. she was speechless, not from fear.. but from the truth itself. It's the inevitable truth that eats you from the inside as time passes, and what we have to do is just learn to accept it, as if it is a sweet venom.

to be continued....