two

( - season one, episode one )

Alayna feels a tap on her shoulder, and when she turns to look and sees no one, she rolls her eyes. "Percy, I told you to quit that." She looks to her other side.

Sally looks over at the two when she heard Alayna speak. She chuckles and turns back to the counter. "Thanks for inviting me Mrs. Jackson." Alayna turns over to Sally, who nods. "Sure thing."

"I don't think Percy gets enough of me at school." She hooks her arm over his neck, pulling him slightly down to accommodate to her height. Percy laughs, pushing her softly.

It quiets down as Alayna sips at her water, leaning her back against the counter. Percy bites his lip, hesitating to say something. "Mom, I need to talk to you about something." He speaks up.

Alayna looks up from her cup, putting it down on the counter. "I'm gonna start unloading bags." She whispers, pushing herself off the counter. "No, you should come too." Percy shakes his head and grabs her hand.

Alayna looks over at Sally, who just nods. With a sigh, she crossed her arms and nodded in agreement. The three left the kitchen.

 The three left the kitchen

"I'm used to feeling weird. I'm used to the world feeling weird to me," Percy whispers out. Alayna sits straight on the couch, cocking her head to listen to what he says.