Joshua

I might be one of the oldest ones but I'm younger than both of you.
-

I looked at my phone. Our manager had forwarded us the text or more like order of the CEO, Mr. Ha Doyoung, for an urgent meeting today.

Currently, I was living with Seokmin, Seungkwan, Vernon and Dino. Mingyu was living with Wonwoo. Hoshi, Woozi, Jun and Minghao were sharing another apartment.

Yeah, we used to live together in the dorm only during comeback preparations. According to our previous schedules, we would have been on a tour right now.

But the incident that took place three months ago, changed everything for us. We weren't talking much to each other. Our comeback was postponed and hiatus was announced. Fans were worried and dejected but we didn't have the courage to interact with them.

Losing two members was hard, harder than we could've ever imagined.

I very well knew why we were being called for a meeting. Three months had passed and there was no clue of Seventeen as a group. The CEO was answerable to others and for it, he needed answers from us.

But we didn't have any answers either. I knew the meeting was going to turn into a dispute and I was mentally prepared for it.

As the oldest one now, I had to be neutral and the peacemaker.

Just like Seungcheol and Jeonghan, my best friends, under whom, I had to worry less. Yes, I was responsible earlier too but to a limit.

I wasn't the leader, I was the vice vice leader, as everyone used to joke about.

Jokes. How soulful we used to be. Goofing around, having fun. Thinking about it, I wonder, did I even smile in the past three months? No one of us did.

Some were even blaming themselves for their accident. It wasn't their fault but the series of situations didn't help. I scrolled through my phone and found a picture of three of us.

95z. Evil twins. Not letting Scoups breath. Soulmates.

Are we? Tell me Coups, Jeonghan, if we were soulmates then why did you leave me behind? You both left me alone. Good job.

"I'm smiling right now but why are my tears not stopping?" It was when I heard light footsteps as I quickly wiped my tears, "Thirteen members, three units, one team. Now that we don't have thirteen members, how are we supposed to be seventeen?"

I had to stay strong so that they won't feel weak. I had to smile so that they won't cry. No matter how shattered I am, I had to cherish everyone just like you both used to do.

I miss you.

"Hyung." Seungkwan called as he stood with the other three, "Let's go."

I nodded and stood up to leave.

"Avoiding eye contact won't hide your tears from us." Dino mumbled.

"We've heard your cries at night." Seokmin added.

"As if you all are fine." I chuckled bitterly. Do I not know how everyone is suffering inside?

"Let's just go." Vernon muttered as we left the apartment and got into the car.

"Guys, don't lose your calm in the meeting, no matter what." I tried to explain them even though I knew it wasn't worth it.

"Don't worry hyung." Seokmin assured.

When we reached there, everyone was already there except for the CEO. We greeted each other and settled down on our seats. We began to talk casually, learning about each other's whereabouts.