Day 7- The trip

Chapter nine

Violet

It's Friday morning and Stacey helps me throw random things into a bag, while Lea is spinning in my desk chair.

"I can't believe you waited to pack, until now!" Stace tells me and I raise my hands in defense.

"I forgot to, okay!" I say and she laughs, zipping the bag up and throwing it  at me. It hits me in my head but I still manage to catch it. "Ow." I scowl at her and Stacey pulls out her evil laugh in response while I rub the sore spot  on my head.

"Alright  girls, come on!" Mom calls for us from downstairs and we all walk out of my room, Lea and Stacey picking their bags up at the front door and handing them over to Joe, who stands beside his jeep, waiting for us.

Just then my brother drives past, rolling down the window of his brand new Porsche and I roll my eyes so far back in my head, I'm surprised they don't get stuck on the way. "You like my new car?" Colton asks, lovingly running a hand over the steering wheel and I decide against rolling my eyes again. "Not really, no." I say and my brother grins. "I guess I should thank you." He says and I raise an eyebrow in question. "You burned down my car, remember?" I shrug and he laughs.

"Where's Colton goin'?" I ask Joe with a frown when Colton pulls away, driving down the street.

"He's  drivin' over to Nathan's, he's joining us, get on the Jeep." Joe says, getting into the drivers seat while mom locks up.

"Alright Joe." I say and help Lea get into the trunk bed when she's not tall enough to heave herself up.

When I'm about to follow mom grabs my arm and pulls me down. "Don't call him  that, you know he can't stand it." She says, only worry in her eyes but I only roll mine.

"What else am I supposed to call him, dad?" I say with a snort, then heave myself up on the pickup, while mom  walks over to the passenger seat, throwing me a last careful glance.

We pass through the front gates, arriving at Nathan's house after a little while and I greet him with a smile when he walks out of the house.

"How's Ruby doing?" I ask and he laughs, throwing a careful glance back at his house. "Pissed that you didn't invite her and she won't have a front row of seeing you and Wesley make up." My smile vanishes and I open my mouth to deny both but Nathan only grins at me.  "Her words, not mine." He says, before adding: "But also happy, because she detests your whole family." I roll my eyes.

"I knew  she wouldn't come, if I asked her to." I say and Nathan shrugs,  grinning. "She knows that you know that, but she's still pissed." I lightly shove him and he grins, eyes focusing on something over my shoulder.

A second later I hear the honk of a car and turn around to see Wesley's black SUV stop in front of us.

Colton  stands next to me, smirking at his best friend while crossing his arms  in front of his chest. "You invite my ex, I invite yours." He says and I make a show of looking annoyed, opening my mouth to swear at my brother, when he's already walking towards Wesley.

Once  he's turned his back on me, I roll my eyes, turning back to Nathan who raises an eyebrow. "You're not as shocked as I thought you'd be." I grin at him as he turns to walk away, while I stay standing on the front  steps with Stacey and Lea only a few feet away. "As long as he's here,  I'm not getting murdered." I yell after Nathan who laughs, thinking I'm joking.

I don't tell him it was Wesley's plan to join the camping trip.

"Who are we driving with?" I ask Stacey and Lea, both looking up from their phones as I stalk towards them, and I eye the space they've left  between them and how they've turned their backs to each other.