𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 | 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝐸𝐹 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝐻𝐸𝑅 𝑃𝑅𝐼𝑁𝐶𝐸

"I'm an impatient woman,"

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

THE MUSIC WAS SLOW, lulling his lips into a drowsy frown. Dorian could almost imagine himself asleep as the court danced around him, laughter and the sparkling of jewels weaving throughout the castle. He had decided fifteen minutes into the ball that he'd been there long enough.

In that time, he'd greeted every noble who'd walked up to him, somehow avoiding Kaltain who'd been trying to get her claws in him for months now. Someone gasped, breaking his train of thoughts. He turned, looking for the cause of the commotion, nearly spilling the liquid in his glass in the process.

Celaena Sardothien stood atop the stairs. Even with the mask, he recognized her. The familiar arrogant swagger the assassin made as she waltzed down the stairs had him shaking his head in amusement though his eyes stayed patiently behind her, at the dark entryway that was left cold and empty.

"Who is that?" breathed a young courtier beside him as he tilted his head.

Half expecting the second sister to come trailing behind her in equal finery and jewels, he watched as the assassin made her way further into the room. With each step she took, he came to the realization that perhaps her counterpart wasn't joining. He frowned, twirling the sparkling champagne in deep thought as his jaw clenched in a familiar emotion he begrudgingly called disappointment.

Celaena looked at no one as she descended the staircase. The Queen of Adarlan stood to see the late arrival, Nehemia also rising from her seat beside her. She reached the bottom of the stairs, and Dorian took a step forward, questions pressing against his tongue.

But someone had already arrived, and Dorian clenched his shoulders in annoyance as she smiled and bowed to Chaol. His friend extended a hand. Celaena blinked before taking it.The crowd began chattering as Chaol led her from the stairs, and they disappeared into the throng. Whatever conversation they were about to have, it wasn't going to be pleasant.