Chapter 13: Cosmic Convergence

I pushed open the heavy wooden doors of the Citadel Library, the scent of ancient parchment and knowledge enveloping me as I stepped inside. The vast room stretched out before me, with towering shelves laden with books, scrolls, and artifacts. Dim light filtered through the arched windows, casting a warm glow on the polished wooden tables scattered throughout the space.

Spotting Aurelius engrossed in a thick tome, I made my way over, greeting him with a casual, "Yo Aurelius. Any progress?"

Aurelius looked up, his eyes tired yet determined. He placed a slender bookmark into the pages and closed the book. "Unfortunately, no. It's quite impossible to resurrect a soul, Ethan."

My face fell, and my hope momentarily dimmed. "There's gotta be some way to help Ava return," I insisted.

Aurelius leaned back in his chair, studying me. "Why are you so eager to send her back? Don't you like having her around?"

I hesitated, a conflict playing out on my face. "I-I do enjoy having her around, but... She doesn't deserve this line of duty as a reaper. She deserves a true life that was taken from her by..." I paused, my gaze darkening. "Never mind." I shrugged it off, attempting to bury the painful thoughts.

Aurelius sighed, understanding the weight of my concern. He returned to his book, the words on the pages offering no solace. I, however, wasn't ready to give up.

"Hey," I said after a moment, breaking the silence. "Do you know anything about harbingers?"

Aurelius looked up, surprised. "Yeah, they're creatures that protect the realms from anomalies. Why?"

I leaned in, my voice lowered. "Well, I met one two days ago."

Aurelius's eyes widened. "You 'met' one?"

I nodded. "Yeah." I glanced toward the wall of the library, a speculative look in my eyes. "Lysium, buddy, you got a minute?"

Suddenly, a figure materialized behind me. Lysium, a formidable harbinger, stood with an air of silent authority. "I'm always free, Ethan."

Aurelius looked from me to Lysium, a new spark of curiosity igniting in his eyes. The Citadel Library, a repository of knowledge, seemed to hold more secrets than even its extensive collection of books could reveal.

I decided to keep Aurelius in the loop. "I thought maybe I should keep you informed. Lysium, how about you tell him about the prophecy?"

Lysium turned his attention to Aurelius, the scholar absorbed in his books. "Aurelius, there's a cosmic prophecy concerning Ava Smith, the Psychevist."

Aurelius looked up from his tome, a mixture of surprise and curiosity in his eyes. "A prophecy? What does it say?"

Lysium, his celestial aura pulsating, began to explain, "When the astral avatar's heart is seized, a dark astralmancer shall rise, unleashing chaos. The astral and void avatars, in celestial combat, birth ripples of void-infused astral holes. If the astral avatar triumphs, ascension awaits. Yet, the astralmancer's noble sacrifice frees Lifedeathia, leaving fractures in space and time."

Aurelius furrowed his brow, processing the information. "Astral avatar, void avatars, celestial combat... It sounds like a complex prophecy. What does this have to do with Ava?"

Lysium continued, "The prophecy hints at Ava being the astral avatar, and the mention of the astralmancer suggests a connection to her role as a Psychevist. The struggle between astral and void avatars, the battle shaping the realms, and the aftermath with fractures in space and time – it all aligns with her unique position."

Aurelius leaned back in his chair, absorbing the revelation. "So, Ava is a central figure in a cosmic struggle. What does the prophecy mean for her?"

Lysium's gaze became more focused. "The prophecy serves as both a warning and a guide. We need to decipher its intricacies to understand the imminent challenges Ava might face."

I added, "And that's why we need to ensure she stays unharmed."

Aurelius, though clearly taken aback, nodded in agreement. "If Ava is indeed a central figure in this cosmic struggle, we must tread carefully. The realms are interconnected, and the consequences of such events could be catastrophic."

With that, Lysium's ethereal form shimmers, and he fades away into the cosmic currents, leaving Aurelius and me in the Citadel Library, contemplating the weight of impending cosmic events.

I muttered to myself, "Ava wouldn't take kindly to the idea of her being labeled as some cosmic menace."

Aurelius, still processing the information, nodded thoughtfully. "We must be cautious, Ethan. The threads of destiny are intricate, and unraveling their mysteries requires prudence."

I sighed, "Yeah, I just hope we can navigate through this without causing more harm than good."

The Citadel Library, once a haven of knowledge, now seemed to carry the weight of cosmic secrets, leaving Aurelius and me to grapple with the uncertainty that lay ahead.

Chapter 12: The Citadel's Secrets (Continued)

Aurelius looked at me, a serious expression on his face. "I gotta be honest, Ethan. I might have an idea who you can meet to help you send her back to the mortal realm."

I paused, a mix of curiosity and apprehension. "You don't mean 'him,' do you?"

Aurelius nodded solemnly. "Yes, he's our only option."

I thought for a moment, contemplating the implications. "Should I inform Ava that I'm meeting him?"

Aurelius considered, "Probably. She should know."

I sighed, accepting the responsibility. "Alright then. I'll go to heaven and get him."

Aurelius left alone in the Citadel Library, took a moment to collect his thoughts. He approached one of the shelves, carefully selecting an old box hidden among the volumes of knowledge. With a practiced hand, he opened it, revealing a blueprint titled 'The Quantum Epoch Conduit.'

As Aurelius studied the intricate design on the blueprint, he muttered to himself, "I mean, he built this to help lost souls."

Aurelius closed the box and walked out of the library, leaving it behind on the table. The label on the box caught the dim light of the room, revealing the name 'Henry Smith.'