Chapter 20: The Q.E.C.

Ava arranged a few chairs and a table for us to sit. "Alrighty then, let's get started," Henry said, analyzing the blueprint. "The Q.E.C... a complex machine of mine. It's built to manipulate temporal energies, allowing for the reversal of time within a localized area," Henry praised himself for building such a complex contraption. "It's built with a few quantum harmonizer matrices and a temporal resonance core."

I was astonished. "I'm impressed with the details and the complexity of this machine. This guy really is a genius." "Amaze, Ava?" Henry asked. Ava smiled awkwardly, "Nah, I have a few of these parts in my workshop." Henry laughed, "Of course you do. It's a must for us as inventors. I'm more of a quantum inventor though."

"Anyways, you were saying?" I interrupted. "It should still be functioning because it's powered by quantum energies," Henry stated. He continued, "Now then, you'll need some material to use it."

"A quantum crystal, to give you the quantum energy for the time manipulation. It's found in the Cave of Elemental Crystals," Henry explained. Ava said, "Oh, I'm familiar with that place, it's that place that has a lot of lurking crystal creatures, right?"

Henry nodded, "Indeed, but not to worry. They aren't that tough. You should be good as long as their leader doesn't swing by. His skin is hard as hell." Ava and I understood. "Next is the Temporal Flower, found in the Temporal Gardens." He added, "Be careful not to be stuck in time there. Though with your Chrono powers, it shouldn't be a problem."

He continued, "This one will require a lot of tools, but you can get 2 items for the machine here. Your next item is the Chrono medallion, hidden within the Whispering Caverns. It's protected by an Eternal Sentinel. You'll need something from the sentinel itself. Defeat the sentinel and get the Temporal Essence Shard from it."

Ava's curiosity was piqued, "So defeat the sentinel to get the shards and get the medallion after that. Got it." I added, "Doesn't the Chrono Medallion have like a 'Temporal Covenant' enchantment?" Henry nodded, "It does. Meaning it's a one-time use before it returns to the caverns. The sentinel can put up quite the fight, so be careful. Also, before I forget, the quantum crystal is quite rare and must be extracted with full concentration and focus. Use the right tool, and you'll get your crystal. Fail to do so, and it'll glitch out and disappear."

"Noted," Ava and I said. "To retrieve the medallion, you must perform a ritual, the Chrono Attunement Ritual. For a chronomancer, it wouldn't be a problem, but for someone without time powers, it's gonna be quite challenging. You must do the ritual with the Aeon Timepiece. I use the help of the Cipher Clock to control the Aeon Timepiece and retrieve the medallion."

"This is a lot of stuff," Ava commented. "Yeah, it is," Henry replied. "I can take the Cipher Clock and the Aeon Timepiece from my workshop." Ava was surprised, "How do you have a workshop here?"

Henry looked at his daughter. His eyes glowed purple on one eye and red on the other. "They didn't tell you? I was a Reaper's partner." "What? No way. That makes us the same," Ava laughed. "It sure does."

"Who was your partner?" I asked. Henry thought for a second. "Aurelius. He made the contract then stopped being a reaper. I still have the Reaper's Eye though. Haha." I figured. "So let's go to your workshop then," I proposed. Ava said, "You guys go first. I'm going to my workshop to make something." I replied, "Aight. Let's go Henry."