𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐄

𝘃𝗶𝗶. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗼𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍 to get things prepared for today's wedding and tomorrow's celebration. I was dreading this more than the next person as this was a lot to go through just to stage a fake marriage. But then again, this technically isn't fake because the officiant doesn't even know that this is all for show.

Putting on some simple clothing, I exited the room and set out to find Albert.

As I walked through the halls, I could spot the maids rushing around trying to get things prepared for Cordelia. They were very excited; more excited than Cordelia herself, I'm sure. It was clear she didn't quite like the dress not to mention this is her second wedding and the first time getting married.

The last time I got "married" it was private. No one knew of it until she arrived to the mansion. But I knew everyone suspected it wasn't real. After all, we never spoke unless needed and we never saw each other within the mansion.

The marriage was rather a lackluster experience and after three months, she ran away. It was like she was never here to begin with. At moments I forgot what she looked like or even what her name was. But to be fair, I didn't care to know or remember either one.

Though, this time, this marriage was very different. I felt like an actual wedding day. It was bright and sunny outside, the estate was as lively as ever, and excitement buzzed within the staff. And in a way, I was looking forward to it... well, the end of it.

Upon finding Albert, we instantly got to work, preparing for the day ahead of us.

"I feel like this is a bit much," I sighed. Albert put the white sash over my suite and gently put on my medals and pins one by one. After he buttoned up my collar, he smiled with a head nod.

"Well, yes. But you are the Grand Duke, who is getting married at that. Besides, it is only for show," Albert reassured. I sighed some more as I looked at myself in the mirror.