𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐄

𝘅. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗹𝗹

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓, we quickly parted ways to prepare for the party. While he was taking care of the security and organization aspect of the party, I was put in charge of the decorating and refreshments.

As easy as it initially sounded, it was a lot harder than I bargained for. I had to consider dietary restrictions and allergens despite not knowing who was even attending. And I had to pick food people would actually eat, but something the cooks would be able to make within five hours.

'Note to self: remind me to never become a party planner.'

I picked out the tableware for the party as well as the flowers for the centerpieces. And after three hours of picking decorations and eating all the sampler platters, Albert shooed me back to my room to get ready for the party.

Albert informed me that the invitations were already taken care of a while ago and I just needed to worry about getting ready.

I was rather excited for the ball only because of my stunning dress. Not to mention, I looked superb. And of course, finally being able to see my parents after a rather long week.

I put my hair in an updo, allowing some strands of curls to fall freely against the frame of my face. I then put on my pearl bracelets along with my pearl earrings, and topped it off with a small pearl tiara gifted by my mother who wore it for her wedding day.

I looked in the mirror, feeling confident and glamorous. I felt and looked like a princess, and no one could tell me otherwise.

(👩🏽‍💻 - the dress

(👩🏽‍💻 - the dress.)

As I was admiring myself, there was a small knock on the door. "Come in," I said as I sprayed myself with a bit of perfume.

From the mirror, I could see a tall figure dressed in a crème colored suit and of course a gold pair of gloves. Immediately recognizing them to be Theodore, I slowly turned around and smiled.