𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐄

𝗶𝘅. "𝗢𝗵 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮."

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐃 and I could feel Theodore hugging me close. My eyes shot open, realizing that Theodore was hugging me.

It was morning already and the sunlight beamed through the room. I glanced down, seeing Theodore's bare arm wrapped around my waist, gripping me rather firmly.

I lifted my head and slowly glanced to the side of me, seeing him fast asleep with a hardened face. I carefully shifted in the bed, seeing his face be at peace as I lightly stroked his cheek. He was such a sound sleeper. So quiet and cute.

Just then, there was a small knock on the door, followed by the door opening. I lifted my head, seeing Albert slowly peek his head in the room. He jumped, seeing me look at him with confusion and he quietly and quickly apologized, backing out of the room.

I sat up, laying my back against the headboard of the luxurious bed, running my fingers through Theodore's silky locks.

Memories of last night started flashing in my head as I recalled why he was hugging me in the first place. I was rather embarrassed by my mindless confessions, but also relieved to have told someone my feelings.

Thinking it was probably wise to get ready for the day, I gently picked up Theodore's heavy arm and sat it down on the bed as I cautiously made my way out of the bed, careful not to wake him.

Knowing it would probably would be wise to stay in the room instead of going to the previous room I was staying in, I made myself accustomed to his bathroom.

I stripped out of my lingerie and set it aside before I ran the water. 

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞
I lightly groaned, feeling the sunlight hit my face. It was morning. Oh, how I despised the morning.

I felt around the bed and realized Cordelia wasn't here. The spot where she should have been, was cold. I opened my eyes to find only myself in the bed and as I looked around the room, it was quiet and still.

I got up and looked out on the balcony thinking she might have been there... she wasn't. I then peeked inside the closet and didn't find her there either. I looked in the study room, and to no avail.

Thinking maybe, just maybe, everything from last light was a dream and I had been going crazy, I ran my fingers through my hair with slight annoyance. I walked to the bathroom, coming to the conclusion that Cordelia was simply an hallucination of some sort.

But as I opened the door, I was surprised to see Cordelia humming a sweet melody as she applied a smooth substance on her legs. She was wrapped up in a white towel that was just barely holding on, leaving little to the imagination.

I knew I should've excused myself or at least announced my presence, but I stood there with my mouth gaped open, completely taken aback by her beauty.

She looked over at me and smiled, "I hope you don't mind me using your bathroom," she said softly. I shook my head, "No, not at all..."

"Well, can you be a dear and get my back?" I approached her and grabbed the small jar of cream. She moved her hair over her shoulder and exposed her backside.

"My hands might be cold," I warned. She smiled with a small shrug, "It's alright." I got a good scoop of cream and rubbed it in my hands, gently rubbing the substance that quickly melted into her velvety skin.

"For a soldier, you sure have soft hands," she chuckled. "My hands are the one thing I value the most... I like to keep them unscathed."

"Why is that?" She asked. "Well, the hands are our second pair of eyes."

"... I never thought of it that way," she hummed. I sat the jar down and let her readjust her towel.
"We all need a different perspective now and again." She cracked a small smile, knowing that I was quoting her from yesterday.

The bathroom fell quiet, neither of us knowing what to say or what to do. She looked at me as if she was observing me—almost as if she wanted to say something but kept it to herself.

"I'll let you get freshened up for the day," she said as she walked past me. Her hand brushed against my arm, and her touch lingered on my skin.

I sighed after the door gently clacked shut,
'Oh, Cordelia."

꧁ 𖤓 ꧂
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐊𝐄

©𝗚𝟴𝗕𝗕𝗬𝗖𝟯